Da Musicz

3 Likes

Also… classic…

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Bill Carter (Screaming Blue Messiahs) and Sarah Corina (The Mekons)

1 Like

New Melt-Banana you say…

Check It Out Would You GIF by chelsiekenyon

I can really hear the chiptune influence on this song… :thinking:

2 Likes

Saw this fellow a couple nights ago. French guy playing old school country:

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Little bit of a Bakersfield sound influence, too.

3 Likes
3 Likes

[ETA]

[ETA] And now for something completely different!

4 Likes

This is catchy…

2 Likes

In case you need a reminder…

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[ETA]

A cross-post from the world politics thread…

3 Likes

The Bygones - Samba Ukulele

2 Likes
1 Like

My guitar/drum teacher is live streaming his gig right now.

4 Likes

Sxip Shirey feat. Puddles Pity Party - “Palms”

:clown_face: :palms_up_together:

2 Likes

Yesterday I went to Blonde Redhead’s gig in Stockholm:

Very, very pleasant gig. They played a lot of old and new song, there was some mixing problem in the beginning, but corrected after some minutes (the voices were quite “in the back”).

At the end the exited the stage, and of course everyone was clamoring for more…they took a bit of time and when they come out again, Kazu, the singer, explained they were discussing whether to play a new or an old song.
The did both, and a third one to boost :heart:

Only regret: they did not play one of their best (IMHO):

BTW: I need to thank Google, as I mixed up the date (they canceled, then uncanceled and changed it) and thought it was today - would have totally missed it without the automatic reminder!

I also atttended Kiefer Sutherland’s concert in Gröna Lund, some nice country rock ballads (akin to CSNY? Not mi genre altogether…), not bad at all.

I did not even know he was a singer! I barely had heard of him as an actor.

On sadder note, I also went to watch Deep Purple, still at the Gröna Lund.

Eh, what to say.
Most of the songs were diluted by long dragging solos, guitar or keyoards (I found the keyboard player a bit pretentious while lacking the actuall skill, but whatdoiknow…), totally shunting any left energy to ground.
Never really followed them, but a friend who is (was) a fan and attended many times their gigs told me that was not usual for them.
Many people around us looked between puzzled and bored.
The singer had lost most of his voice - but I’m not making this an age or health problem…
Two counterexamples.
Sam Moore (of Sam and Dave R&B duo fame!) concert in Rome, accompanied by a guitarist (Dave had long passed away): he could barely walk but he had so much rhythm and energy that the whole theatre was screaming, jumping and dancing few minutes into the first song…
David Thomas of Pere Ubu, still in Rome: he sat on a chair for whole concert, but the amount of drive in the music and in his singing was exceptional.
I had some vinyl signed by him afterward, he was slouching on a couch and visibly not well.
Fun thing: I stopped chatting with the drummer, among other things:
“I don’t remember the name of the bass player, is she new?”
“EH? She’s been playing with us for more than 10 years!”
“Well, I started following Pere Ubu 40 years ago…”

6 Likes

My mind went straight to:

2 Likes