Da Musicz

The origin of K-pop is a tale of global capitalism and cultural cross-pollination through American imperialism, but it’s also the story of a flunkie metalhead who was told for years he’d amount to nothing, and then reshaped the course of music history.

This was a great article on the OG K-pop album that started it all. I’ve long been obsessed with Seo Taiji - he was my gateway to K-pop. This was an informative flashback to the roots of the genre.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Woke up before dawn and couldn’t get back to sleep.

I don’t remember seeing this one, they must not have re-run it very often. Bob looks like he’s having a blast.

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

RIP :cry:

9 Likes

Ahhhhhhh :sunglasses:

6 Likes
4 Likes

Influenced by Nick Drake…

And covering Scott Walker…

More Chris Connelly…

Probably one of his songs that will stick with me forever.

also… GOD I HATE JULY…

Studio version:

I saw him perform this live once. It was awesome.

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Great version.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Because, smells like swing time…

4 Likes

Gary Clark Jr. punks out…

3 Likes

I never knew that song was a cover.

TIL.

3 Likes

Oh yeah… It’s hard to top Kate Bush, but Maxwell’s cover is beautiful. If you aren’t into Kate Bush yet, check her out… The original…

And whenever I’m kind of down, I go watch this video of Big Boi fangurling over her song “Running up that hill”:

Honestly, if anything could make me believe in god, it would be a well-written and beautiful song…

But also… I ever see Big Boi around the ATL, I’m just going to sing Kate Bush at him! :rofl:

5 Likes

You must do that! :smile:

It sounds like his uncle could’ve been hanging out with me and my friends at a certain Cal State college.

Thanks for that link! It was most enjoyable.

4 Likes

You’ll enjoy this one, too!

He spends half the video talking about Kate Bush…

3 Likes