Damon Albarn apologizes to Taylor Swift after saying she doesn't write her own songs

This one…

Pretty much the only scene in that show with Piper where she’s not totally annoying, in fact. God, that was a great show.

3 Likes

bingo!

1 Like

Ah crap. I’ve been on a real Gorrilaz kick lately, listening to a lot of their stuff after Demon Days because for some reason I’d never listened to any of their stuff after Demon Days. Oh well, I guess this gives me a chance to practice separating the art from the artist, something I really struggle with.

I’m not a huge fan of Taylor Swift’s music, but 1989 is a great album, and she is a great songwriter and performer and to suggest otherwise is absolutely insane. She is also clearly really smart, and her re-recording of her earlier albums so she can regain control of her music is brilliant, and will probably have some repercussions on the industry. Or at least I hope it will. By the way, she wouldn’t even be able to do that if she hadn’t written her own songs. I will probably never be a huge fan of her music, but I am a huge fan of her.

1 Like

But will he also apologize for having a worse overall body of work?

According to PopBitch:

Co-writers across Taylor Swift’s nine albums: 39.
Co-writers across Gorillaz’ seven albums: 60+.

2 Likes

Golden State Warriors Lol GIF by NBA

2 Likes

Sometimes the cover version it’s better and has more success than the original version. Beatles were caught in both directions. Example:

Also see, John Cale’s Hallelujah…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.