Dashcam captures Oregon cop violently kicking motorcyclist

I read the BOFH at a young age. I knew where my aspirations lay.

3 Likes

My uncle (in South Carolina, not Oregon) once got a ticket for not pulling over for an emergency vehicle on the opposite side of a divided highway. So apparently that is a thing in some places.

There are lot cops out there who are frustrated and who are upset. We are definitely doing our part to make sure that we weed out those who are good apples and make sure that they are not serving in our Police Department.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there was any potential non-compliant behavior from the civilian which was potentially edited out there. The same black double-cab pickup is slowly proceeding through the background (in lieu of a visible timestamp) the whole time.

In the grocery store, you donā€™t choose that one.

What is so wrong with police hiring practises?!?

2 Likes

People like to work with people like themselves. For some, that means a culture of caring and respect, or hard work and late nights, or hazing, or bureaucratic not-my-job-ism. For cops, it means assholes hire assholes. Thatā€™s my theory.

2 Likes

How does an apple get a hematoma, anyway?

There is little doubt that in my mind that the average police officer is just trying to do his job like the rest of us. I think there are some issues with the way police interaction with the population is evolving.

1. They need to engage the public more openly and nurture a culture of trust with citizens.
  2. They need better PR than they have. Saying ā€œnothing to see hereā€ ā€œit just happensā€ ā€œetc.ā€ after someone dies is a poor response that insights confrontation.
  3. Almost every other major public field has a policy of Best Practice (as in medical best practice) perhaps police need to start adopting a do what works ban what donā€™t policy.
  4. We need to start getting rid of BS laws that force police (Law Enforcement) to engage with people under what most would agree are pretty stupid circumstance. (ex. confronting someone about selling individual cigarettes, which leads to a fight, that leads to a senseless death.)
1 Like

I totally didnā€™t mean to write this reply, but I had all the little muscles in my fingers already fired up.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.