David Pescovitz, Tim Daly and Lawrence Azerrad win Grammy Award

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/29/david-pescovitz-tim-daly-and.html

28 Likes

That’s awesome. Does he eventually get his own trophy even if they just had one there at the ceremony?

11 Likes

Congrats, Pecso!

9 Likes

Congratulations, that’s pretty great!

7 Likes

A gold record AND a Grammy? You’re on fire!

16 Likes

That’s fantastic! Congrats @pesco!

6 Likes

Congrats! We’ll never get a table now! :grinning:

6 Likes

That’s a 50 gallon drum of awesome sauce!

6 Likes

Congrats @pesco :slight_smile: while i didn’t have the means to afford the re-release i think it’s a marvelous thing to have brought back for all of us to enjoy

5 Likes

Are you sure it’s sauce though?

https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO

9 Likes

Way to go, @pesco!

partay-animal

14 Likes

So well deserved. The set was one of the most carefully-designed, expertly crafted boxed sets I’ve personally ever seen, and the fact that it was crowdfunded makes it even more awesome.

I wonder if it’s the first crowdsourced project to win a Grammy?!

16 Likes

@pesco Thanks for helping to ruin the Grammys for Nikki Haley!

Got the CD set for my wife, a huge Sagan fan, for Christmas; she was completely overwhelmed. The book is beautiful.

4 Likes

Not sure, but apparently not the only nominee.

5 Likes

That’s awesome to hear. What’s a particular thing about the set that she really loves? (if she had to pick one).

3 Likes

I’ll let Pesco speak for himself here.

5 Likes

Hard to say. Listening to the tracks or thumbing through the pictures (or more likely both) imagining you’re an alien who had just discovered this artifact gives me chills. A lot of it, of course is just the connection to Voyager and Sagan, having watched the Voyager documentary and re-watched Cosmos recently.

3 Likes

Yeah, but a Tony and an Oscar would make him a real triple threat…

2 Likes

Another wonderful thing. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Yes, there’s a great shot with them all carrying their own – it’s just a Getty shot and it would be like $20 to license soooooo.

9 Likes