De-obfuscating Big Cable's numbers: investment flat since 2000

[Permalink]

So much for the premise that a quality product or service was the best way to attract consumers.

2 Likes

So much for the premise “you get what you pay for”.

1 Like

Is there no way to combat this nonsense? I know is a recurring headline going back since the days of Usenet (yes I know it still exists, and I was there in the early 90s, just before the “September That Never Ended”!), but this doesn’t just affect domestic customers, it has a global impact, at least IMO.

Sorry - my bad, the missing bit between “know” and “is” was ‘Death Of The Internet Predicted’ :slight_smile: I stupidly put it in angle brackets instead of quotes…

When a 100+ billion dollar industry that is considered vital to the global economy says, “if you recognize us as vital to the global economy we will take our ball and go home” they should be laughed at in their face. Who do they think they are, investment banks!?

(I may have had a large cup if snark a few minutes ago)

3 Likes

Beyond changing the number of years before showing the totals, this chart is exceptionally misleading in that it is showing cumulative investment, rather than the actual rate of investment.

These are also the same liars that decide what prices to charge you and have some control of your privacy or lack thereof as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.