Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/23/entertainment/gregory-sierra-obituary-trnd/index.html

12 Likes
8 Likes

I was at the tail-end of highschool when B5 came out, and Mira’s portrayal of Delenn was, to me, the very model of what it meant to be powerful, beautiful, _and intelligent all in one package. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve rewatched that show, and many of her performances in it still, to this day, bring me to tears.

She apparently died from West Nile of all things.

12 Likes

Hm. I wonder if he was the last person on the Hollywood Blacklist to die?

10 Likes

Another non-celebrity but a genuine computing pioneer.

Dai was one of three research students who worked with Williams, Tom Kilburn and Geoff Tootill on enhancing the capabilities of a small computer, known as Baby , which had first run a program on 21 June 1948. By April 1949 this team had produced the Manchester Mark I, which was used by Alan Turing and others for the investigation of mathematical problems. Dai’s particular responsibility was the design of a novel set of fast modifier registers for this computer.

10 Likes
4 Likes

And let’s not forget his recent meme fame for this interview.

12 Likes

It’s sad how many B5 actors have passed away.

11 Likes

Larry, I’m on Ducktales

giggle GIF

11 Likes
6 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes

young-frankenstein-frau-blucher

16 Likes

Oh, I loved her! 94 is quite a good run on this planet, though!

10 Likes

Yeah, you can’t complain about that lifespan! She will be missed!

10 Likes

my late mother-in-law said of anyone who made it past 79, “they lived to a great age!” she, herself, made it to 89. i told my wife, as we left the nursing home that morning, “your mother lived to a great age.”

it gave her a smile amid the tears.

11 Likes
11 Likes

I’m not familiar with her work, I’m afraid. Jezebel did repost an older interview with her, though:

10 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes