Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Just heard it myself. So sad.

Any of you who have not seen Friday Night Dinner have missed one of the most side-splittingly, laugh-out-loud sitcoms of recent years. Paul Ritter as Martin is just brilliant.

His forensic pathologist in ‘Vera’ brought a touch of dark humour to a dark detective drama, too. He did something similar and equally good in ‘No Offence’

Only 54. So many good roles not now to come. Sigh.

"Shit on it"

3 Likes
8 Likes

Oh no. He was certainly a very necessary thorn in the Catholic churches side. And one of the last public intellectuals we had.

6 Likes

I hope he and Alan Rickman are playing siblings in some movie in the afterlife.

3 Likes

Fuuuuuu

9 Likes
14 Likes

It’s dour ceremony season for our UK members here

5 Likes

wow! given the longevity of his mother and his father living for almost a century, charles stands a chance of living to an astounding age.

5 Likes
4 Likes
16 Likes

He was relatively young. This is very sad!

10 Likes

Was just coming to add that… Here is the Guardian on his death…

A retrospective in pictures…

RIP!

13 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

They had a title card for her and DMX on SNL tonight.

8 Likes
8 Likes

They had a sketch tonight about a nerdy kid, and I’m wondering if that was meant to be a tribute to her…

6 Likes

Clark defended antiwar activists. In the court of public opinion, he charged the US with militarism and arrogance, starting with the Vietnam war and continuing with Grenada, Libya, Panama and the Gulf war. When Clark visited Iraq after Operation Desert Storm and returned to accuse the US of war crimes, Newsweek dubbed him the Jane Fonda of the Gulf war.

Clark said he only wanted the US to live up to its ideals. “If you don’t insist on your government obeying the law, then what right do you have to demand it of others?” he said.

11 Likes

Some music history:

Some highlights and lowlights:

11 Likes

Probably means little to anyone outside UK…

7 Likes