Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

8 Likes
4 Likes

The Sun did have several photos of Freddie dressed in said attire…No monkey though.

1 Like

Back in the day they would have led with that. See, things have improved!

3 Likes
9 Likes

I stopped by and picked up some kabobs from Moby’s yesterday. Best in town IMO.

4 Likes

Have you tried Ravi Kebab in Arlington? I love their chick peas. Best to go after Ramadan, or your order will be leftovers.

4 Likes
10 Likes

What a comedy legend!

6 Likes
12 Likes

Bob Hawke, former Labor prime minister, working class hero and larrikin - in Australia, that translates to ‘heavy drinker, alcoholic, womaniser’ - died aged 89 yesterday. Lauded for his leadership, introducing Medicare, some major environmental saves and being the only PM to hold a world record. For sculling a yard-glass of beer in less than 11 seconds.

7 Likes

One of only two architects I know by name, the other being Frank Gehry, whom I had the misfortune to meet once.

R.I.Pei.

15 Likes

Article from 2 yrs ago:

His building in Hong Kong is cool in that it has escalators that enter from below like entering an old school space ship.

1. Not bad Mr Pei. Not bad.
5 Likes

My mom used to be an avid collector of teapots, displaying them proudly. After gifting her typical collectible type teapots over the years, I decided to go-modern and send her a Frank Gehry teapot. It got shoved into a corner for awhile then disappeared.

6 Likes

Me too. And I agree.

3 Likes

I’m parked behind a Pei building today (we have a couple on campus).

9 Likes

Ok, that’s pretty impressive.

6 Likes
9 Likes

It’s so weird… I was actually thinking about that the other day when I saw some grumpy cat merchant at a wal mart. Like weird to have a brand (and it really is, stuffed animals, toys, storybooks) that is based around a living being but using it like it’s a fictional character like Mickey Mouse or hello kitty. We never had to worry about hello kitty dying…

3 Likes
5 Likes