Deadly mosquito virus kills a man near Boston, causing parks and events to shut down

Originally published at: Deadly mosquito virus kills a man near Boston, causing parks and events to shut down - Boing Boing

5 Likes
7 Likes

The bad year in mosquitos is also causing an increase in West Nile virus, which recently landed Anthony Fauci in the hospital.

11 Likes

Nature is trying to kill the humans. And I’m not convinced Nature is entirely wrong.

3 Likes

dengue fever and malaria have come back to south florida.
just waiting for that first, non-travel related case of yellow fever for the trifecta. :sob:

9 Likes

Which was predicted by the Pentagon back during the first Bush Jr. administration.

And the gQp party lost its shit back then about the clear link between climate change and resurgence of tropical diseases in the US.

11 Likes

Worcester (next door to Boston)

Say what? Cambridge is “next door” to Boston. Worcester is about an hour’s drive away, without traffic.

5 Likes

But what about comorbidities, and essential workers who need to be in parks after 6pm?

Thanks Obama. Clearly those Covid shots do nothing!!!

yes, /s

6 Likes
4 Likes

In the unlikely event that anyone wants me; I’ll be over here on the European side of the Atlantic :scream::sob:

4 Likes

Totally. Worcester was in a different area code back in the '70s, when area codes really meant something.

Fear not: I’m sure some of those skeeters will be hopping a ride with folks fleeing in your general direction.

It is just a matter of time.

1 Like

Well, aren’t you a ray of fuckin’ sunshine?! :smile::smile::smile::+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.