Dear Comcast: broadband isn't gasoline

No - and when I say accross the street I mean the main road - I am in an APT complex, so there is a lot between me and the others… Though it’s weird, it is like an island of Google Fiber. I think someone important lives around there.

Shame I’m limited to one upvote for you.

Mmmmm, I’d tell you that nothing good comes from having basic human rights in one hand, greed/profit motive in the other & then letting soulless dbags pick whichever one they want.

BTW. You don’t get to pick. It’s picked for you. Guess what you’re not getting?

1 Like

Aw, what you said was valid…

Anyway, from what I know, here in the US, there’s thousands of miles of unused dark fiber ready to go. It’s just not profitable to actually hook everything up and use it, since the rubes paying for cable aren’t yet willing to start putting comcast and TWC executives through the guillotine for something better than “barely good enough”.

1 Like

I’m totally drowsy on painkillers and stuff for my back… I thought it sounded really poorly constructed when I read it.

This might happen a few more times in the coming weeks :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

NO! Nonononononono NO! We are not going back to paying by the hour.

That was the prime reason I wanted AOL back in the day was to have internet that wasn’t by the hour because by the hour was out the nose expensive.

1 Like

Yeah, theonly thing that was improved by privatisation was telecoms.

1 Like

The fact that states are passing laws limiting new competitors is just stunning.

State legislatures are Guinness Book level corrupt!

3 Likes

When I travel 400 miles in any vehicle, I know that I will be traveling 400 miles prior to traveling. When I download any content from any source on the internet, I do not know how many bytes I will be downloading until it is completed. If Comcast is to make this happen, then those who develop content for the Internet will need to show an estimated byte of data prior to its download allowing consumer to choose.

For me, currently, 400 miles equals about $20.00 in my vehicle.

Ramifications are endless. Bye bye eBay.

Oh yea, you can use the same simple idea for kilowatt usage of an AC unit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.