Death of Adobe Flash eagerly anticipated

It’s also rather likely that everyone who’s currently looking to find problems in flash will be looking to find problems in newthing. And they’ll find them, because security is an illusion.

2 Likes

I for one will be missing Flash. I am working as a game designer (ex-Rovio, now EA). For me personally Flash was a great learning tool, buggy and erratic as it was. It definitely helped me develop my game design talents and ultimately get my dream job. I do feel that we still don’t have an adequate replacement for it. If you were novice at game development, there is nothing better to get you on the right track than Kongregates AS2 tutorial. HTML5 and Unity are worthy pieces of tech but they have a way steeper learning curve. Actually HTML5 is a mess and Unity is simply an overkill for way too many projects.

2 Likes

Silverlight is also scheduled for termination IIRC

I thought the pitch for HTML 5 was that it would obviate Flash. Sure Youtube ditched it, but even simple speed test sites demand Flash today.

What happened?

2 Likes

Yeah, that or [visibly shudders], Java…

2 Likes

I still annoy people by having ‘light switch raves’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.