Death toll in China from Wuhan virus now 41, with 1,000+ infected globally, 2 cases in U.S

Where are you sourcing all of this?

1 Like

My heart’s with China — I had the opportunity to be there for a brief trip in early January, and it was really great. Amazing (in a not good way) what’s happened over just a few weeks.

Reading the above comment, I was taken aback with the reference to SARS in 2003. That was SEVENTEEN years ago?! Oh my word, that went by quickly.

https://www.thebeijinger.com/ The online version of the English language magazine that services the approx. quarter of a million expats living in Beijing. Although, if SARS is any indicator that number will be reducing dramatically. The town lost about 95% of its expats during SARS when companies withdrew staff because their insurance companies would no longer cover them. Could be prudent here. Or another vector.

5 Likes

Your whataboutism on behalf of Winnie the Pooh aside, it means just what it means.

3 Likes

And on it goes…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.