Deep Sadness

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/31/deep-sadness.html

4 Likes

it’s not exactly generating anything, the shapes are looping - i clicked it a lot - the sounds are cool when you click click click

now do a happy one of these, you people that made this - we’ve had enough of sad

3 Likes
4 Likes

needs more sad trombone

4 Likes

Has a sort of 8-Bit Phantom of the Opera feel to it IMHO

ooh! - that’s lovely - now, scratch right there… up… left… down a bit… aaaaaahhh

1 Like

Well waddya know, that does annoy my pet!

7 Likes

For some reason, this doesn’t seem quite right…

22 Likes

Those sounds are not sad, they are rage-inducing. I almost damaged my computer before I found that red X.

2 Likes

I saw the same thing!

iPad Mini, Safari

3 Likes

Someone should give this thing some Asskicker Coffee.

4 Likes

Probably worth mentioning that the artist is Rafael Rosendal, and he’s made many similarly simple, engaging little netart pieces like this one:

http://www.newrafael.com/websites/

His blankwindows.com page has been making the blog rounds lately.

4 Likes

It kind of sounds like the brief warble at the beginning of an old VHS tape, which is actually a kind of sound I’ve always found deeply haunting. I wonder if there’s a name for it.

4 Likes

Keep tapping or clicking and it’s like the soundtrack to an old science fiction B movie. :robot:

4 Likes

mine too. major ear rotation leading to an ears back annoyance.

2 Likes

I was thinking '60s Soviet animated art film.

1 Like

HOCH HECH!

6 Likes

Source code with <> replaced by []:
at 3 a.m. in 19 [span id=“A0”]⟁U[/span] or so

From w3schools: A element used to color a part of a text. That id number…it must be in the CSS sheet. Interesting.

3 Likes

I also examined the source on this. I pretty much had to.

There’s a javascript function on the page that concatenates a random triangle-looking shape with a random alphanumeric. This function is called every 50ms.

3 Likes

Click just a liiiiittle bit faster and it re-routes you to a subdomain: suddenseizure.deepsadness.com

1 Like