Defacing coins like a suffragette

Turnpike plazas often have them. I have seen one recently at an Ohio turnpike plaza (Broadview Hts).
I used to carry 2 quarters and a penny in a coin pocket whenever we were going to a tourist location, because I’m a sucker for those machines; they seemed magical.

3 Likes

Disneyland and California Adventure have several of them, with different designs available to be stamped on the flattened coin.

Personally, I’d rather spend my souvenir money on something more useful/practical, like a mouse ear hat or a light-up plastic sword.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Finally, proof that flattery gets you nowhere.

5 Likes

I did a quick mockup… The 1/8" letter punches from Harbor Freight are small enough that

GRAB
 THEM
BY THE
 PUSSY

fits nicely on a quarter.

I’m not sure if its useful to force people to face the horror that we’ve elected, but I’m tempted to do so.

2 Likes

While President Trump’s crude and boorish observation concerning the willingness of some women to prostitute themselves to fame and power may well be accurate, it’s still ugly. And you’d feel bad if somebody did something nasty and claimed your coin gave them the idea.

I’d rather do TED CRUZ EATS BABIES.

Or better yet NOBODY BUYS COAL!

EDIT: also NEXT TIME, VOTE! and SINGLE PAYER, DUH. Hmmm, I’m pretty sure GLOBAL WARMING IS A SYMPTOM won’t fit, so I’ll have to scrawl that on dollar bills with a sharpie.

1 Like

My wife and kid and I collect these things whenever we go somewhere fun. They actually have little booklets with slotted compartments. It’s fun looking back and going “where did we get that one?” Oh Jackson WY? That was a fun trip, remember the…

Turns out that $0.51 is a pretty cheap and fun way to have memories.

4 Likes

5 Likes

nearly on topic and just on time - the excellent Prof Poliakoff and his lab technician Neil Barnes have fun with British bank notes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.