Defunct carmaker Saturn's 2003 ad explains how absurd cars are

Hey, I got a 2004 Scion xB as well. My first ever new car. I loved that thing so much that ten years later when I was in the market for another car, I went and bought a used 2005.

4 Likes

Yep… Checks out. :wink:

3 Likes

I had a friend who had one of their SUVs, it caught fire and burned to a crisp while driving. I think I recall its replacement was also a lemon.

I had a used ‘95 wagon that served me well for 10 years and it got great mileage; moving on to the next vehicle was the first time in my life a car got worse mileage than the one before. OTOH I don’t have to downshift at the slightest whiff of hill anymore, it was only 80hp or so.

2 Likes

This Saturn commercial turned me on to The Walkmen.

2 Likes

I drove a 2003 Saturn VUE for 15 years. I only sold it reluctantly after coming to terms with the fact that parts would go from “difficult” to “impossible” to find. I still miss that car :frowning:

Am I alone in thinking that’s it quite telling that the majority of responses in this thread are musings about a now defunct car brand when the point of Rob’s post was a very much different one?

Probably because we’re already all in agreement about “fuck the suburbs”.

5 Likes

And the Motors thread is full of eco warrior marxist rants…

2 Likes

And, the rebadged Opels were better than most GM offerings…we still have a pair, after having owned a “real” Saturn previously.

The problem is the entire infrastructure being built around the automobile. American cities now (including where I live) would be unlivable without it (and may be unlivable with…).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.