Delft blue ceramic weapons

Originally published at: Delft blue ceramic weapons | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Needs some more design cues like the Calamityware line to give it some subtle bite:

6 Likes

These are pretty.

Remind me a little bit of fan art the Oriza from Stephen King’s dark tower series.

(Bladed throwing weapons that look like fine china plates decorated with intertwined patterns of rice plants.)

3 Likes

7 Likes

Righteous work

1 Like

Considering I’ve had my eye on these :arrow_down: for quite a few years, it’s certainly not an original concept, but I’d nevertheless like to own one of the weapons in the OP very much (600€ for a battle axe. I followed the FB rabbit hole to find out so you wouldn’t have to).

4 Likes

Why do I think Keith is about to cry?

It’s always a good bet that he will.
My wife got me into that show, it’s delightful.

2 Likes

It really is

Technically its only Delft if it comes from the Delft region in the Netherlands. Otherwise its just sparkling blue-tinted fine china.

8 Likes

Fixed that for you.

5 Likes

for the artist’s manifesto to be poignant, Delft earthenware must not shatter as readily as Chinese Porcelain.

2 Likes

Even if the concept is not entirely unique, I think the pieces were well executed (pun intended). There’s a lot of us who come factory standard with female connectors. Regardless of how “feminine” we present or live, there is a crapload of unrecognized strength that goes into working with that. At the same time, those who are expected to “be a man” and withhold vulnerable feelings have their hardships. Absolutely cannot say who’s got it worse, but I think a lot of humans can appreciate this beautiful work.

1 Like

Another approach to the subject of Delft-style earthenware is https://atomteller.de/

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.