Democrats are demanding action over the latest reports of Justice Thomas' corruption

I wonder if Democrats aren’t just undercover Republicans playing n-dimension chess?!!

1 Like

There’s no doubt that many of them have little fire in their belly for shouting from the rooftops about such corruption. Perhaps because, for many of them, they too want to use public office to enrich themselves.

I mean, Thomas’s relationship with Crow been known for decades, and NOW Democrats are demanding action? Come on, man!

9 Likes

1 is a dimension

2 Likes

Hey, I didn’t paint that shit. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
13 Likes

I mean, some of them clearly are:

8 Likes
11 Likes

So you’re saying we could Al Capone him, if the usual laws don’t suffice?

I’m cool with that.

11 Likes

Sadly, as @atl pointed out a bit farther down, it’s the giver that is responsible for the taxes. So maybe Crow can get in some trouble for it, but it seems like Thomas is off the hook on taxes, at least.

He is still a crook, of course

4 Likes
13 Likes

Yes, yes I am. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

12 Likes

i’d say i also know what it’s like to run up $200,000 in credit card debt, but i have to admit… that night is still kind of blurry.

( seriously though. how does someone do that!? )

12 Likes

By knowing that a lot more money is coming soon once you have a secure seat on the Wingnut Gravy Train?

9 Likes

I guess by making enough money to garner a $1.2M mortgage?

I have no idea, really. My card limits go up and down based on Wall Street macro conditions, not based on my income or credit score.

8 Likes

:thinking: Mine have always been fixed, but firms like to send pre-approval, “wouldn’t you like to increase it” notes that I throw into the shredder. I worked at a card company once, and the best cards have no limits. That left me wondering if wealthy people ever buy private jets or yachts that way.

Credit Card Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

11 Likes

Anecdotally yes. This was through friend of a friend many, many years ago, so I don’t know veracity or how much it was exaggerated.

Company needed to buy an oil tanker, didn’t have all the ducks in a row for the financing. So, guy involved offered to put it on his credit card. Selling company called the card company. “It’s fine, he’s good for it”

2 Likes

Lovely details about this Billionaire creep’s hobbies:

8 Likes

I wonder if he supplied Tromp with that bedstand copy of Mein Kampf. (Funny how we’re not hearing [yet?] about Crow-Tromp ties.)

6 Likes

Maybe Crow didn’t or doesn’t care much for the crime guy …

Our Principles PAC, a group set up to highlight Mr. Trump’s past liberal positions, took in $4.8 million last month, with a roster of donors that shows it has significantly expanded beyond the Ricketts family, which provided the group’s early funding.

Beyond the Rickettses, who collectively provided another $2 million to the group, Our Principles raised $500,000 from William E. Oberndorf, a California investor who had previously backed Jeb Bush, and $100,000 from Harlan Crow, a Texas real estate developer, who had supported Senator Marco Rubio of Florida. Our Principles also raised $1 million from Warren Stephens, an Arkansas investment banker who gave large checks to “super PACs” backing four candidates who have since quit the race.

The stream of new money confirms that the Republican Party’s financial elite — who put hundreds of millions of dollars behind more conventional presidential candidates, only to watch almost all of them falter — believes that a focused and well-financed attack campaign could still halt Mr. Trump in his march toward the party’s nomination.

6 Likes