Department of Justice explains why it won't release Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman's booking photos

You have to wonder what her parents’ reaction to that was after all the money they spent on illegal activities to get her into USC. I say that because from those two I’m not assuming the obvious reaction of annoyance and anger most people (including most criminals) would have.

I hope we find out.

4 Likes

I went to the University of Pittsburgh for my Japanese degree, and my best friend at the time had an atrocious rich kid roommate who’s family was from the Northeast and owned a furniture company.

Other than introducing me to Bang & Olufsen headphones, the guy was a useless entitled privileged little prick who probably did buy his way in. He didn’t give a fuck about classes and regularly skipped them to go party if I remember right.

Ian, I hope youre reading this- you are a smug entitled asshole and I’m pretty sure we got some people on our floor to piss on your pillow. I wonder if you ever noticed.

I worked my ass off to get into college and people buying their way in is something I think most of us realize happens but that doesn’t make it any more of an affront to everyone who worked hard to do it

3 Likes

Regarding Trading Places;

While Louis Winthorpe wasn’t stupid, he was severely over-privileged, which greatly hindered him when it came to basic street survival; despite his shitty mentor Mortimer’s glib assumption that mere “good breeding” would allow Louis to triumph over any obstacle in his path. Instead, Winthorpe completely crashed and burned.

Had it not been for the help of Ophelia and eventually Billy Ray, Louie would have literally died.

As fucked up as the Dukes’ childish bet was, ironically it did prove a point about open access to plentiful resources being essential for real success. With Louie’s resources at his disposal not only was Billy Ray able to rise to the challenge and excel, he was able to flip the whole game on the Duke brothers…

10 Likes

Yup. I actually agree with the premise of the FBI’s argument. The problem is that the FBI (and US law enforcement in general) clearly doesn’t agree with the premise, unless of course the arrestees are wealthy and white. If the arrestees weren’t low on melanin the popo would be tripping over each other to release the mug shots. Heck, the FBI are infamous for mugging perp-walks for the media.

This excuse is a load of horse-hockey.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t get that people don’t understand acceptance rate - enrollees/applicants. Universities like money, and they like full dorms. They take whatever number of students they can, but don’t control how many applications they receive. The schools considered the “best” naturally receive more applications…

1 Like

I’d love to see a fresh take on this movie, i think there’s a lot more that can be said on white privilege and inequality by a good minority director and writer. That said the original is excellent.

5 Likes

Charged with three counts of throwing darts in lovers’ eyes.

These people would be called adults if there were persons of color

2 Likes

I really don’t give a fuck what some asshole on Fux news labels them as. It was MY post and MY words. And they are kids…regardless of the color of their skin. Please don’t reply to me as if to correct my commentary and interject what you think someone else would say.

Just adding that not good in academics =/= stupid, which is another dimension to this. Yes, they may have been raised stupidly, or they may be only slightly brighter than a turnip, but it could also be that some of them are not academic types, and because of their family situation, they don’t HAVE to go to college to get a middle class job (or even higher salary). Quite a few of them seem to be entrepreneurial, for example.

5 Likes

Loughlin’s daughter isn’t helping to fight the “stupid and/or lazy” label though. Last year she posted a video online in which she said this of her recent acceptance to USC:

“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend but I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all,” she said. “But I do want the experience of like game days, partying … I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

It’s like they’re trying to make us hate them.

7 Likes

Maybe a short film with Willliam H. Macy and Will I Am and Buscemi entering in entangled guilty and innocent looks and getting misfit resolved states as the hearing or whatever resolves into a final and only 33% still mixed up parts state (with college kids to pick them up/ drop their bikes off.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.