Escaped convict requests police post a different "wanted photo" of her on social media

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/29/escaped-convict-requests-polic.html

2 Likes

Ahh, the selfie generation. Totes adorbs.

12 Likes

All that and the best photo she has for a replacement is a cropped group shot?
Come on. You’re not even trying.

18 Likes

After I escaped, I asked the cops to run the same photo that got me in trouble in the first place. Sadly, it led to them recapturing me after a passerby managed to identify me by my penis.

23 Likes

I think contrition looks good on her.

4 Likes

I do not think she fully understands the point of incarceration.

4 Likes

It’s an UNwanted photo.

3 Likes

Well, she did say please and thank you, and a smiley emoticon :blush:

10 Likes

'Straya!

4 Likes

I see you’ve managed to avoid dating websites. :smile:

12 Likes

The smiley really makes everything legit. :heart:

3 Likes

Well, since she was on the lam, she couldn’t really say the worse photo was un warranted.

8 Likes

And she didn’t capitalize her sentence, and didn’t use sentence-ending punctuation.

Would’ve been good if she’d gone on about how everyone was doing the investigation wrong.

4 Likes

It’s almost like she thought her sentence was unimportant and didn’t care to finish it.

15 Likes

Since I haven’t been able to find any description of what she did wrong other than escaping, which from no less an authority than Tolkien is the duty of a prisoner, I am totally on her side.

There should be sort of a patreon or grantspace for criminals I could donate to here. (KA-CHING! New Business model [4th this week!])

4 Likes

Ed McDonnough: You mean you busted out of jail.
Evelle: No, ma’am. We released ourselves on our own recognizance.
Gale: What Evelle here is trying to say is that we felt that the institution no longer had anything to offer us.

10 Likes

well played!

2 Likes

It’s like everyone want to be the Postcard Bandit.

2 Likes

Yeah, na, mate

2 Likes

Fun fact (also off-topic): when Brendan Abbott was arrested in Darwin (on his way to or from getting pizza, can’t remember now), I wrote the front page story about it in a major metro daily.

2 Likes