DeSantis bans heat protections for outdoor workers

This and the similar TX law are confusing to me at first. The general OSHA requirements for construction site heat protection are pretty good: shade, water, rest breaks.
But that has me thinking the fact that localities are instating and enforcing heat protection guidelines in the first place means that the State (who is responsible for enforcing OSHA compliance) isn’t doing their job.
And the laws are to prevent anyone from making them do it.

8 Likes

especially one where they are spreading hot tar sealant on one of those super hi-rise condos in Miami.

can i add here, once again, just how much i despise this man? he is most definitely using these attacks on “home rule” ( the idea that municipalities and county governance can supercede state regs, should those regs be found lacking in those locales) to solidify executive rule statewide. Desantis hates Key West and has - from early on in his first administration - sought to constrain anything the city or Monroe County would enact to mitigate the destruction of the keys by rampant, unregulated tourism. taking away the right of Key West to regulate and limit cruise ship sizes and ports, designating reef safe sunscreens be sold on the island or curtailing use of plastics in an environment damaged by that waste. NO! Desantis says that we cannot decide for ourselves and our communities what is best for us here - some 600 miles from Tallahassee.
Fuck him.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.