As beaches reopen, watch Florida Governor Ron DeSantis attempt to put on a protective mask

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/18/as-beaches-reopen-watch-flori.html

6 Likes

attempt

33 Likes

I don’t know the man but I’ve read about him (way too much lately) and this is only to be expected. The article does use the words “…completely useless…” doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Uber Florida Man

16 Likes

Ex-FL man here.

When ~48% of the general population of the country think that 45 is a good idea, why would you think that FL would vote in somebody more intelligent?

26 Likes

“Florida man uses mask”.

7 Likes

thing is, I’m not laughing any more

I’ve always had to accept there were sociopathic people who would end up being republicans and end up trying to make laws and enforcement that was toxic for everyone, including themselves but it didn’t matter as long as they got want they wanted at the moment

but now it’s apparent these people are ushering us right into a modern civil war, go look at the beach opening photos, these are people who do not give a damn about anyone but themselves and not even themselves in two weeks, themselves for the very moment

now these kinds of people are presidents and governors, this can only end in not just people causing other people to die indirectly but purposely killing others

if you had any fantasies that we would eventually do things about inequality or climate change, well the pandemic just gave you your answer, people are only going to do what’s immediately beneficial to them

38 Likes

I feel somehow obligated to say something here…

…aaand I got nuthin!
Bring out Bugs Bunny :expressionless:

16 Likes

floridabb

To be fair, Jefe, our gov. tried to keep Tybee open against the local recommendation… Assholes.

31 Likes

why are you all laughing at him when it’s clearly a badly designed mask? the bottom piece of elastic is nowhere near long enough to get his feet through

50 Likes

I thought that, maybe, he was used to masks that are loose about the bottom.

38 Likes

Sure, it’s a waste of what appears to be an N95 but it’s as useful as any mask the general populace has been advised to wear. The idea is to reduce the range and density of your droplets, not filter anything out. Those surgical masks the people in the background are wearing are just as effective.

5 Likes

I think this what you meant to say (somebody has to say it): Christ, what an asshole.

3 Likes

Nothing says ‘Never surrender’ like a Confederate flag.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

25 Likes

EV5zw6CXgAYfNkr

39 Likes

In the comments:

Looks to me like at least he got the bottom elastic securely wrapped around his double chin.

For the record, I have a double chin but I know how to put on a dust mask.

39 Likes

I guess it’s pretty obvious to the rest of us that he put the damn thing on sideways. He thinks the second strap is supposed to go under his balls.

3 Likes

It would be interesting to see a version with some members of the population pushing past (undermining) the scientists and healthcare workers, because they want to be free to embrace/catch the virus (and fall right off the edge).

7 Likes

I’m a Pennsylvanian.

I got nothing here. The man’s a fucking moron

10 Likes

I want this on a fucking billboard the size of Texas, IN Texas, and on the damn beltway

8 Likes