Design suggestion box

owph!
(∘=̴⃙̀˘︷˘=̴⃙́∘)

1 Like

?

It’s bird avatars all the way down.

6 Likes

Since all youse are using it, do any of you know what it is? Closest thing I can find is the House Martin.

2 Likes
1 Like

Definitely not a bluejay.

2 Likes

nice :^)

She says it’s a bluebird that her dad took the photo of, and I’m inclined to believe.

I’d go with Mountain Bluebird, based on this: http://www.johnmuirlaws.com/store/attachment/bluebird-mountain-m

1 Like

Lordy, this is a long thread! I’ll get to it tomorrow, but since I’ve been summoned in the last dozen posts or so, let me say…

I took the photo, on my dad’s property, in Indiana, and the locals call it a bluebird. No idea what type of bluebird, though, since it doesn’t have any orange on it.

The locals also pronounce “coyote” as if it were “kai-oat”, so what do they know? Obviously not Roadrunner cartoons.

8 Likes

The Housemartins?

5 Likes

They’re not Western Hemisphere birds though.

Success: it is a tree swallow!

Which is odd, because my dad built bluebird houses in the middle of the fields, and that’s where this guy was. No trees anywhere close.

4 Likes

Nah, they’re from Hull.

Marxists, too. And pretty cultural.

4 Likes

With the future Fatboy Slim! I thought that guy looked familiar.

1 Like

Odd nitpick, but boingboing.net/page1 is seemingly missing a redirect that results in a 404 when you click the Older Entries link at the bottom of the page. When you click it you go to boingboing.net/page1/page2 (that 404s).

boingboing.net/page2 etc. redirect to boingboing.net/page/2 , which then makes the Older Entries link work fine. It works fine on boingboing.net/page/1 so if you just add a redirect on boingboing.net/page1 to push the visitor boingboing.net/page/1 it’ll work fine.

1 Like

YESSSSS. Feel the hate flow through you.

7 Likes

@gwwar’s cool angled stars are more classy, I am just saying.

2 Likes

Hate flowing through you feels like this

4 Likes

The only bird that could fit in that little circle is the half-finch.

Thank you, I’ll be in the lounge all week.

11 Likes

Google does not seem to be my friend today. What is a “half-finch”, and where is that a known idiom?