Designer of U.S. Nutrition Facts label dead at 76

Originally published at: Designer of U.S. Nutrition Facts label dead at 76 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Was it something he ate?

7 Likes

An aspect of this design I really like is the extensibility. Within each category, there can be numerous sub-groups like “sugar alcohols” under sugar and the various forms and weights/percentages of saturated fats. Adding information doesn’t break the format, just gives more clarity.

7 Likes

That nutritional label is misleading.

The bag of M&Ms we just opened is one serving not nine. The box of Cheez-Its is one serving not ten.

3 Likes

They still don’t show the percent Daily Value for sugar on any label. They only show how many grams. That’s because most products that contain sugar would be well over 100%.

Modern Family Cameron Tucker GIF

2 Likes

7 Likes

If he and his loved ones had any sense of humor at all, the casket will be neatly and clearly labeled with precise data on the contents.

7 Likes

Well, to be fair, his tombstone will already have his expiration date listed.

Asking Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ah, thanks. I’ve been looking all over for this. The doctor is concerned about my cholesterol and now I have to start counting. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.