Despacito performed by a rubber chicken

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/25/despacito-performed-by-a-rubbe.html

5 Likes

On behalf of me and my two kids. Thank You @beschizza !

13 Likes

Far better than the original! And more authentic emotions! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

This is only made better by the fact that I’ve not heard the original.

4 Likes

This is what the internet is FOR. I’m saving this for a rainy day when my world needs brightening!. OK, so every day.

4 Likes

I have listened to this 3 times now, consecutively, before commenting here to express my gratitude.

3 Likes

I concur, this is what the internet was created for. However, I suspect some auto-tuning was used here.

4 Likes

Oh. I was expecting this guy:

1 Like

What is the round thing in the frame hanging on the wall on the right?. Has Mister Chicken gone platinum? Yay!

I’m thinking they did a digital sample of one chicken squeeze, then played the whole thing on a keyboard, while the chicken was “beak-syncing”.
Hope I didn’t ruin the magic for anyone! lol

1 Like

The chicken squeaks on both out-breaths (squeeze) and in-breaths (release). The timbre is distinctly different between the outs and the ins. Additionally, if you listen to the bridge around :46 the squeaking is outside of the comfortable range of the toy and the tone is yet more distorted. So if they did use a sampler, there was serious attention to detail: it would need to be performed on two different keyboards using a set of samples for different pitch ranges.

4 Likes

I like the chorus.

And let’s not forget their service to our country.

2 Likes

I wonder if Mr. Chicken knows the Trololo song?

4 Likes

Do you think it’s funny… when I mention the name of my fwiend…

2 Likes

Your widdle fwiend?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.