Dinosaur for sale

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/21/dinosaur-for-sale.html

1 Like

1.) Man, these ads are getting more and more expensive stuff. At least this one seems to be a legit deal, although too rich for my blood.

Also…

11 Likes

My evil genius fantasy is to buy things like this and give them to random mid-sized city museums. Something large enough to handle the care, but small enough to not be able to acquire large permanent exhibits like this.

I’m not very evil.

11 Likes

Note that the private market for fossils (each of which is of priceless scientific value) is a very scummy and seedy underground that should not be encouraged.

This idiots are duping local ranchers and destroying priceless scientific data just so techbro douchebags can decorate their foyers.

11 Likes

Interesting. Interesting.

Question - do they take Boba Fetts?

2 Likes

I’d have to check first with my HOA first since they’d most likely fuss over me erecting something like in my yard.

3 Likes

So long as it’s not a political T-Rex, I think it’s permissible under the bylaws.

3 Likes

Here is one of the small museums with a pretty important fossil.

1 Like

Big deal.

Sue will finally have another dinosaur someone to play D&D

All carnivores are political

Especially this one. Remember when “Stan” ruined that Trump rally.

3 Likes

Fossils of this importance and magnitude do not belong in the hands of private, privileged individuals for their own private collections, They belong in museums where they can be studied and understood.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.