Disney one-day passes now cost more than $200

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/12/disney-one-day-passes-now-cost.html

Hmmmm. This may change. I’ve heard that the coronavirus problem is beginning to hurt their attendance.

They really, really do not want you to go for just one day.

IIRC The sweet spot varies per park, but they want to entice you to stay longer by charging more per day for short stays, and progressively less per day for longer ones.

12 Likes

It should probably be noted that this is the cost of a one-day “park hopper” pass, which is for entry to Disney California Adventure as well as Disneyland, on their most high-demand days of the year. The least expensive one-day pass to Disneyland park on its own is $104. (Which obviously still isn’t affordable for everyone.)

9 Likes

this article should really mention that it is complaining about Disney Land.

Sadly, it seems like a lot of Disney Land enthusiasts don’t acknowledge that there are other Disney parks.

I guess if they did, they would have to acknowledge how much better Disney World is. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I still have E-tickets. Can I use them instead?

3 Likes

I am genuinely jealous :slight_smile: To this day, the “big” rides are still referred to as “E-ticket” attractions. :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m hitting WDW on Tuesday!

4 Likes

Good for you! I guess you know that they’ll be hitting back on you, and hard.

1 Like

If you had an admission ticket from that era (with no expiry date), they will usually honor them.

2 Likes

I like the simplicity of DLR/DCA, WDW these days is more of a precisely choreographed ballet of arriving some place within a set time. Also, WDW has overwhelming humidity at times. No matter how hot it is during the day at DLR, you can count on that nighttime breeze. Definitely more to do at WDW.

2 Likes

I haven’t been in 20 years. But with the new SW land I hope to go next year.
What sealed that deal was I remembered some multi-day passes with unused days on them tucked away in the luggage.

I contacted Guest Services and emailed them scans of the tickets. 4 days left MULTIPASS.
and one with 5 days left. The nephew really wanted to rent watercraft and play fantasia putt putt instead of parks, so that happened instead of burning a day of park admission. So, if you have any old tickets hanging about.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/uses-remaining/

1 Like

“E Tickets” were used when they used a ticket book system, like a carnival.
You purchased admission to the park itself. Then inside the park you purchased tickets for each attraction. Usually in a ticket book. So, something like the tea cups were ‘C Tickets’ while Haunted Mansion was a “E Ticket” …things like the Train, or Trolly Car where “A Tickets”

They abandoned that in the 70s.
But nope…your E Ticket isn’t good at Disney anymore. However, it’s worth something to collectors.

I looked up to see what E Tickets were selling for on eBay. Not enough to buy a Disney ticket, but surprisingly close.

What amazes me is how many of the rides mentioned on the ticket are either still there or have been revamped but are still there! There are some missing rides but it is amazing to me how many of the rides are still there 40 years later!

These are the Disneyworld Rides. Sorry, I’m East coast. :slight_smile:

The A-ticket rides faired the worst of all. The Main Street Vehicles are still there, and Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel is now Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel. The Omnibus and Horse Cars are gone. They listed the Main Street Cinema as a ride; I’m not sure if the current Main Street cinema is the same or not.

The B-Ticket rides still standing include the Swiss Family Island Treehouse, the Frontierland Shootin’ gallery, Dumbo the Flying Elephants, and the Mad Tea Party. The Mike Fink Keel Boats are gone. :frowning:

The C-Ticket Rides are the Steam Trains, Peter Pan’s Flight, and the Grand Prix Raceway, which is now the Tomorrowland Speedway. Sadly, Snow White’s Scary Adventures (???) and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (:-() ride no more.

The D-ticket ride that still exists is the Tom Sawyer’s Island. However, the Enchanted Tiki Birds are kind of still in the WD Enchanted Tiki Room, the Adm. Joe Fowler Riverboat was destroyed, but the Richard F. Irvine Riverboat’s hull was stripped and became the Liberty Square Riverboat Liberty Belle, the WEDWay is now the Tomorrowland PeopleMover, the STARJETS is now Astro Orbiter. Only the Skyway, the Mickey Mouse Review, and the Mission to Mars are completely gone.

The E-Ticket rides are the Pirates of the Caribbean, the Jungle Cruise, the Country Bear Jamboree, the Haunted Mansion, the Hall of Presidents, It’s a Small World, and Space Mountain. 2,000 Leagues Under the Sea is perhaps the saddest mention on the list as being gone. (OK, perhaps Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. :wink: )

3 Likes

If you really want to save, just check on other sites like aaa.com or other travel sites.

We got a deal including hotel (Animal Kingdom Lodge) limo ride to and from the airport, extras like free meals… for less per day than $200 a person. It was for a week though. Since we didn’t have a car, we saved on parking too.

2 Likes

We were at Disneyland Sunday (2 days ago) for one day. Pricing for a single day, single park ticket is based on the day of the month - anywhere from $104 to $154 per adult per day. We did not get onto the newest SW ride, the Rise of the Resistance even though we registered first thing in the morning (our boarding party was #134, they made it to group 111). The Star Wars world was enjoyable but we didn’t find it as good as Harry Potter at Universal Studios. Overall, the day was enjoyable but can’t say it felt worthwhile.

My first trip to Disney world in 1982 cost the lordly sum of $15. I can still remember my dad complaining about it…

As a Florida resident (I work within rock throwing distance of the rat that ate Orlando) I am eligible for “discounted” rates. that are heavily blacked out. The price for a platinum pass for a family of four would buy you a pretty decent used car.

1 Like

I would rather pay 500 or 1000, travel from as far away as I am, and have many fewer people at the park so that we can ride rides without the long lines. Those lines suuuuuuuuuuuck.

I wonder if Netflix has ever had a theme park itch.