Disney World fandom erupts in controversy over the upcoming Hatbox Ghost in The Haunted Mansion

Originally published at: Disney World fandom erupts in controversy over the upcoming Hatbox Ghost in The Haunted Mansion | Boing Boing

3 Likes

And thus the seeds of the bloody Disney Holy Wars were sown.

11 Likes

Between the interactives cluttering the outside of the Mansion, the gawd-awful CG video hitchhikers replacing the wonderful and classic Pepper’s ghost effect, and now this, Disney seems to be doing everything it can to ruin the Orlando Haunted Mansion. And that’s on top of the Nightmare Before Christmas re-theming taking over Anaheim for five months out of the year, making it harder and harder to get a quality HM experience in the U.S. Sigh. At least there’s still Tokyo…

1 Like

Sorry, buy Tokyo also does the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. See: Haunted Mansion Holiday - Wikipedia

Reading that headline, I didn’t expect to have a strong opinion. But yes, putting the Hatbox Ghost, or ANY ghost, before the seance is a terrible idea that totally destroys the creepy build-up to the main attraction. It’s like if the movie Alien showed a full-grown xenomorph attacking people the moment the ship landed, before the whole part with the egg and the chestburster.

5 Likes

NOOOOOOO!!! :sob:

Is this a Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom reference? It’s been over a decade since I read it, and don’t remember much, but this sounds familiar…

1 Like

Oh? I’ve never read it, although I think copies have popped up on various reader devices over the years. (Little Brother is in my phone library, vector unknown, but I’m currently reading a 1906 book thanks to Project Gutenberg.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.