Disneyland's "Magic Key" annual passes are to be offered once again

Originally published at: Disneyland's "Magic Key" annual passes are to be offered once again | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It would be nice if Disney could stop perpetuating the class divide through scarcity though, by perhaps building a couple more parks in states like Texas or New Mexico. :man_shrugging:

(Silly dream, I know)

1 Like

Florida is working out swimmingly.

4 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t seem likely they’ll want to make a multibillion-dollar theme park investment in any more red states for the time being.

2 Likes

Probably not, but they still attract the Republicans no matter where they’re located. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That… actually sounds really nice. This is the first description of life as a pass holder that makes sense to me. I mean, how many times can you stand in line for the same ten rides anyway? When I lived in SoCal, I was 35 minutes from the park, but only went a couple of times in a couple of decades. Maybe I missed out! :smile: My favourite was actually Cars land. I liked the aesthetic there a lot.

3 Likes

I’m sure Disney is more than happy to accept money from Republican park visitors, but who would want to spend billions setting up shop in a state run by reactionary culture warriors who use the mechanisms of government to punish businesses that aren’t sufficiently fascist?

I can’t think of a prominent California politician of either party who went out of their way to pick a fight with Disney.

1 Like

Yeah, but those pricey space drinks at Oga’s cantina sure do add up quickly, don’t they? That’s where they get ya.

2 Likes

However, at less Mousey drinking establishments you can go deeper, whereas Oga kicks you out after two! Keeps you out of all sorts of trouble. Limits Code-V as well. Maybe even Code P.

Just last week I visited Xel-Há Ecological Theme Park near Cancun, and it included unlimited buffets and alcoholic beverages with park admission. (Bartenders mixing fancy drinks for you and everything) Considering that the main attractions were water-related things like snorkeling it was pretty remarkable that people weren’t getting themselves into very bad situations left and right. But somehow, everything worked out pretty well. Didn’t see any obvious drunks. Hard to picture how that would fly in the US but it probably wouldn’t be pretty.

2 Likes

The House (of Mouse) always wins.

1 Like

Well they did try to open a park in Northern Virgina, but that didn’t work out.
Disney’s America - Wikipedia

1 Like

There was also the whole “DisneyQuest” indoor regional park experiment that they ended up abandoning. If it had continued it would have made a Disney park experience much more accessible to most people, but frankly not nearly as good.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.