Disney's live-action "Mulan" remake pissed off human rights activists, which pissed off the Chinese government

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/14/disneys-live-action-mulan.html

1 Like
2 Likes

I see what you did there.

14 Likes

at the hans of the Chinese government

I see what you did there (though it may be uncharitable of me to suspect you did unwittingly and it was just a typo @thomdunn but if so no need to change it).

ETA Damn - ninja’d by @RyeNCode

6 Likes

That was definitely a typo but I’m gonna leave it because it’s so hilariously embarrassing.

10 Likes

Why does China not want people to talk about the Uyghurs?
They said those weren’t concentration camps…

Lol i was going to say that was either a hell of a typo or a genius pun. Either way i was thoroughly amused. But back to Disney and China, both of them can fuck off.

5 Likes

Huh, that’s weird. Disney worked really hard to appease an authoritarian regime and it didn’t work out for them. You’d think dictators would have some loyalty.

5 Likes

This is a good thing. I’m sick of people ignoring this issue, and the thought of Disney profiting off it makes me sick.

Anything that shows the Chinese government for what they are- a bunch of irrational murderous authoritarian shitheels, the better.

3 Likes

South Park nailed Disney’s attitude towards the Chinese government with their “Band in China” episode last year.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.