Disney's reopening video but set to 'Don't Fear the Reaper'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/15/disneys-reopening-video-but.html

7 Likes

Koyaanisdisney:

9 Likes

I love The Stand cut-ins. Flagg is gonna be happy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…you creepy cult members.” Yep, I live with a couple of them.

With or without sound, that Re-Opening video does a superb job of demonstrating what a communicable nightmare a place like Disney[Land|World] is. Ugh, my latent germophobe tendencies are really coming to the surface.

4 Likes

That song needs something, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…

16 Likes

Is it possible it’s the prescription we’ve needed all along? :thinking:

5 Likes

Try playing this while watching

5 Likes

This is just genius. How long before Disney has it taken down?

4 Likes

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance…logic can be happily tossed out the window.”
― Stephen King, [The Stand]

4 Likes

One of the more sarcastic pieces of mashup beauty I’ve seen, and also genuinely chilling.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who doesn’t think about death when hearing this song? I’m seeing it used in a context such as this quite often but I had always understood the song as being about deep time, about seasons coming back no matter what happens, about the human experience being the same, governed by the course of the year over centuries no matter what happens to individuals.

As such this video doesn’t work for me, unlike the earlier dystopian one. This one just says “come or don’t, Disneyland will persist”.

1 Like

This is just brilliant!

1 Like

I always thought the various lyrics about the seasons not fearing the reaper and Romeo and Juliet being together in eternity were part of Death’s pick-up line. Yeah, Death makes it seem all peachy keen and peaceful, but (especially considering the black humor/irony in so much of Blue Oyster Cult’s music) should we trust him?

4 Likes

For a nanosecond there I was thinking: Wait, Madness never did a song called ‘Killing Joke’

Doh!

Second video shown should have had the tiger edited to a second longer and saying ‘stay away’.

6 Likes

I a fan of this reopening video for Jurassic Park:

We are ready to welcome guests back to Jurassic Park. :sparkles: https://twitter.com/JurassicPark2go/status/1282141159574339585/video/1

1 Like

“Don’t fear the Reaper” seems like something Donald Trump would unironically play at a Campaign Rally.

7 Likes

This fellow has been vlogging the re-openings of the Disney Parks in FL. I thought it was interesting to sample. In the most recent one, he says that he feels safer at Disney than he does at his grocery store, and, considering Florida, he’s probably right.

3 Likes

I realize I’m not getting the proper intent out of this, but “Don’t Fear the Reaper” is such an awesome song, this video made me want to go MORE than the original Disney video did. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps some sort of agricultural sound device for keeping tabs on your cattle?

6 Likes

Ave, CEO, morituri te salutant!