Do not mistake Elon Musk’s capitulation for compliance

Originally published at: Do not mistake Elon Musk’s capitulation for compliance - Boing Boing

6 Likes

I hope this is a sign that more shareholders are getting fed up with Musk’s adolescent edgelord antics.

13 Likes

I’m sure they’re fed up but he brings in money still. Once the money truly stops i imagine would be the moment he gets to use his golden parachutes.

6 Likes

fingers-crossed-17

7 Likes

:: puts on dunce cap with “DEVIL’S ADVOCATE” printed on it in Comic Sans ::

From where? he has a habit of alienating people buying ads, and that verified checkmark debacle can’t be pulling in that much. I can only conjure that it’s pixe dust and unicorn farts? /snark

:: takes off dunce cap and throws it in the incinerator ::

7 Likes

It is truly a mystery, i honestly don’t understand it

3 Likes

If you suspect it violates the constitution, go complain to the supreme court. Oh yeah, wait.

Maybe there’s a supreme supreme court that somehow thinks foreign companies should be above the law

6 Likes

Starlink’s parent company SpaceX, while a privately held company like Xitter, is not built on the shaky foundation of ads and engagement. It’s a serious company that does real things, supported in large part by government contracts.

Musk owns more than half of SpaceX, and his fellow fascist techbro Peter Thiel’s fund holds another 10%. But companies like Fidelity and Google also own major stakes and likely have members on the board to counter Musk’s cronies when his activities on Xitter impact their profits.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.