Twitter CEO praises Musk's bizarre "Go f*ck yourself” meltdown in memo to staff

Originally published at: Twitter CEO Supports Musk's Hostile Remarks

9 Likes

Linda set down the KoolAid to witter:

• Teslas - still consume vast quantities of materials in their construction and many are charged from fossil-fuel electricity.
  • SpaceX - not actually ever sent a probe to another planet.
  • Starlink - global connectivity (Ukraine and Gaza excepted).
  • Neuralink - transforming lives - just ask those monkeys.
  • AGI - xAI has built a bad large language model which has nothing to do with AGI.

So, apart from that - it’s still run by a thin-skinned, malignant racist.

26 Likes

Spin harder!

14 Likes

Yeah that was a bizarre claim. The nearest exoplanet is a little over 4 light years from Earth. And the SpaceX rocket has just barely made it out of the atmosphere. Even if it were able to leave Earth orbit, it would likely take thousands of years to reach Proxima Centauri.

10 Likes

Candid and profound, unhinged and vapid… to-may-toes, to-mah-toes.

That’s a hell of an attempt to spin this, but I can’t imagine anyone’s buying this. Well, anyone remotely reasonable. I don’t think Xitter’s going to work very well when it’s a skeleton staff of MAGAts and Musk cultists left.

5 Likes

“I’m immensely proud to lead this company”

But ya not, Blanche. Ya not.

14 Likes

I hear SpaceX spends quite a bit of time/energy/money to keep Elmo from fiddling with things…

There are better electric cars (I own one and our next will NOT be a Tesla). The ONLY reason Tesla is valued so outrageously is the ‘full self driving’ scam (oh, and the HYPE). Why they allow that killerkrap on the road is beyond me. Maybe in a few more years, but that sh!t will kill you and/or others if you aren’t careful (says EVERY Tesla owner I know). They pioneered the eCar market with LOTS of other people’s money (and lots and lots of govt subsidies).

I got off the hype train when he was banging Amber Heard (sp?) and denying it. And I recall laughing out loud re his Xit about his good friend Sam Bankman Freed and ‘effective altruism’ (a philosophy that amounts to grab what you can as fast as you can and fuck everyone else - maybe make noises about donating to good causes, or curing world hunger - remember that one? LOL)

6 Likes

… have people seen other videos of Musk?

He always looks like that :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Pretty sure she meant Mars. Which they absolutely haven’t been to, and getting there (for them) currently depends on their 'splodey Starship not asploding. But Mars is still the talking point around which they’re building the hype.

7 Likes

Blackmail? Don’t you mean capitalism? He acts as if he’s owed something and he simply doesn’t want it like he’s making some sort of principled stand versus free markets choosing to say, “no, fuck you.”

What a bunch of delusional garbage. The only thing Twitter workers should be absorbing right now is their résumés. Twitter is basically that trope of the character that’s already dead but refuses to accept it.

9 Likes

And - the blackmailer gets paid.

6 Likes

“We don’t want to make money! Our mission is to be the most expensive personal blog ever! As befits the richest man on earth.”

9 Likes

She’s truly a member of the Musk cult now. Once Xitter goes down in flames I’ll be waiting for the interviews with insiders explaining what made her abandon all sense (the guaranteed job for her little nepo baby doesn’t explain it).

5 Likes

I’m always surprised when I see X without the (formerly Twitter). Even from her.

4 Likes

You’re at X because you have the courage and conviction to build and operationalize the most consequential platform that exists.

No, they’re at Twitter because you’ve a death grip on their visas and they don’t want to be deported.

At first I thought she took the job for the easy money: nothing she does will pull Twitter up from its fiery plummet, and the world will know it. Pretend to work a couple years, collect a nice fat paycheck and juicy severance package, then hop over to the next gig. Her being a MAGAt looney makes more sense.

6 Likes

Betcha this is what she looks like behind closed doors,
on every day ending in ‘Y’:

13 Likes

well, she was talking “planets”, not “exoplanets”. and as we all know, the first starship-cargo-rockets landed last year on mars…/s

e/ I owe @nosaj a coke :wink:

10 Likes

Well…in my defense, Mars is in no way a “new” planet, especially since we have already sent probes and rovers there. “New planets” to me meant extra-solar.

9 Likes

That’s a good point.

7 Likes

To be clear, I think it’s pretty obvious since you pointed it out that of course she meant Mars. I was just explaining why my brain went to exoplanets.

7 Likes