Twitter CEO praises Musk's bizarre "Go f*ck yourself” meltdown in memo to staff

every planet that spacex goes to will, technically, be new to them. it’s the absent “if any” clause that’s the real stickler here

fwiw: i also initially read it as “new to humans” - exoplanet - because that’s the general star trek sense of the word

none of which workers at twitter will have anything at all to do with. but it’s clear that the goal of making twitter good ( making twitter terrible? ) is not enough of a job motivator for their employees

( though, i suppose the truth of it is: the more twitter distracts musk, the better chance tesla and spacex have of being functioning companies… so working at twitter may have some small utility after all. )

7 Likes

But they’re part of the same constellation of companies! Incidentally most stars in a constellation have nothing to do with each other, they just kind of line up from our particular angle to make a pattern. I think this one is called “the Alazon”.

10 Likes

well, today i learned:

Alazṓn (Ancient Greek: ἀλαζών) is one of three stock characters in comedy of the theatre of ancient Greece.[1] He is the opponent of the eirôn. The alazṓn is an impostor that sees himself as greater than he actually is. The senex iratus (the angry father) and the miles gloriosus (the braggart soldier) are two types of alazṓn

( and also, yes. :slight_smile: )

9 Likes

The real test will be whether she continues to spew this kind of sycophantic garbage after she’s no longer getting paid to do so.

5 Likes

Exo means outside. An exo-planet is one which is outside the solar system. Otherwise the word would mean any planet which is outside Earth, in other words a planet. Plain nonsense in anyone’s language.

1 Like

turd-polish
I wonder just how long supplies will last.

5 Likes

We’ll… yes and yes. That’s what this is. He’s flinging his poo. Verbally, so far. As far as we know.

6 Likes

operationalize

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

As always, if you need me – I’m here.

IMG_0969

7 Likes

Are we all just skipping over her use of the word “operationalize” ?

4 Likes

She hasn’t just swallowed the kool-aid, she’s voluntarily swimming in an ocean of it.

4 Likes

It will still be maybe in a few more years in a few more years. The only path to real self driving is regulatory capture and externalising the cost by changing all our roads and keeping non self driving cars and all other traffic (people using any other kind of transportation including their feet) off the roads which we will build to the specs of the car industry.

Which is why it’s essential that we fight them every time they pop up.

And yes, I actually have been ranting the above rant for 10 years. Ten years ago I got publicly mocked and ridiculed for that opinion. Doesn’t seem to happen any more.

9 Likes

</begin pedantry>
Jonestown used Flavor Aid, Sharkleberry Fin never hurt anybody (looks shiftily side to side ignoring the fact that diabetes exists) :flushed:!

When I run for the office of Leader of Everything, I will make it my priority to teach this truth to all and makes certain that everyone uses an accurate cultural reference!
</end pedantry>

7 Likes

well, that. and many of them were forced to choose between drinking it and being shot. which isn’t really much of a choice

2 Likes

Well, she voluntarily took the job and had the choice of standing up to the used-car salesman at the helm or become a sycophant, and she CHOSE the latter.

2 Likes

my point was that “drinking the kool-aid” is used to mean a person willing to believe a delusion even unto death. and there are two things wrong with that concept: 1) it was flavor aid, and 2) people were forced to drink the poison.

my personal opinion, but i find the “forced to kill themselves” the more important part to mention.

and it certainly doesn’t apply in this case. ( the violence of twitter is directed at the users, anyway. especially these days.)

I think @MikeR use of “any” was meant to include (as a dig) any planets at all. In that case, the Mars missions were just a few amongst many.

2 Likes

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

2 Likes

Yeah, the truth never mattered anywayz… /s

2 Likes

Elon is the bakery owner swearing in the street about Yelp critics canceling him

(Discussion)

5 Likes

Blackmail is the practice of making somebody do something by threatening to reveal something about them that they don’t want to be made known, isn’t it? What was Musk referring to? That the advertisers would only buy ads unless he did… what?

2 Likes