Despite negative feedback from advertisers, Musk confirms plan to further reduce Twitter/X's utility

Originally published at: Despite negative feedback from advertisers, Musk confirms plan to further reduce Twitter/X's utility | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Moron does thing that only a moron would think to do. News at six.

21 Likes

I wonder how many orgs are going to show the text in the image now :laughing:

14 Likes

The primary objective appears to be to reduce the height of tweets, thus allowing more posts to fit within the portion of the timeline that appears on screen

BS. The primary objective is to inflict more punishment on news media outlets that Musk and his fellow right-wing billionaires see as their enemies.

If the elimination of the oneboxes hastens the demise of the platform’s utility to users and further ends the perception of journalists that they “have to” be on it, though, I guess I’m for his latest stupid decision.

23 Likes

He should change his name to some variation on X. Big Idiot X?

9 Likes

Jesus Tapdancing Christ on a Stick…this is taking the UI back to the days before Twitter was even a thing.

He’s murdering utility here…that being said, if you’re still using Twitter, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ENABLING THIS MANCHILD?

31 Likes

Complains for years about twitter having a spam problem, buys the site and manages to make the problem significantly worse :rofl:

19 Likes

Loki_ The_Nexus_Event _poster

15 Likes

I suspect the goal is to get more ads (not posts) to fit on the screen, thus inflating the number of impressions, in a weak attempt to improve revenue or stanch the outflow of advertisers.

17 Likes

Another idiot still thinks “below the fold” matters to the modern reader. He probably only browses twitter on an ultrawide desktop monitor.

12 Likes

Suicide jokes are not cool. Just FYI.

10 Likes

Is it possible to put down money on Linda Yaccarino’s resignation before Halloween?

9 Likes

Perhaps both less and more dramatic, earlier today I was imagining Musk riding around in a mecha and mass-vandalizing a city, laughing because he could do what he wants.

(I try not to think about the guy at all, but there it was.)

6 Likes

couldn’t possibly have anything to do with this article that just came out?

15 Likes

“It’s something Elon wants. They were running it by advertisers, who didn’t like it, but it’s happening,”

This is why all those theories about Elno deliberately destroying Twitter come about. People think, “oh, there’s no way he’s that big a narcissistic idiot.” But he is. He really is.

18 Likes

X Æ A-XI, to go with his poor son Lil X?
Or maybe X Æ A-LXIX would be more like him…

6 Likes

X Corp. CEO Linda Yaccarino

For a CEO, she seems to have very little actual say or control of the platform.

10 Likes

Because I enjoy watching things collapse in slow-motion. That and I keep shouting about Mastodon like a volunteer rescue worker herding the lost. Pillowfort is going great guns at promoting itself but Masto not so much. Going to give up soon as I won’t be able to mute/block CryptoBro ads.

4 Likes

I joined Mastodon as soon as the takeover happened, and found it to be an interesting idea, but it doesn’t seem to have captured that “oomph” that needs to be there to spark something.

I’ll give Pillowfort a look,

3 Likes

Clearly, missing the point of what @docosc meant…

So once again:

10 Likes