Twitter "pauses" its $8 bluecheck sale after a day of brand-impersonating chaos

Originally published at: Twitter "pauses" its $8 bluecheck sale after a day of brand-impersonating chaos | Boing Boing

7 Likes

It’s becoming a challenge to keep up with all this.

50 Likes

Truly a titan of industry. A genius of business.

37 Likes

If only everyone had predicted this.

80 Likes

It’s almost like Musk spent billions of dollars for a pair of They Live glasses for each person in the world specifically to use when they look at him.

John Carpenter GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

35 Likes

elmomusk

88 Likes

I will say this - I did see a lot of very funny things because of the impersonating.
Not including the Musk fan boys in that, but some of those tweets are funny, too. In a bizarre way.
Between that and the crypto boys arguing about the latest exchange disaster, it’s been an interesting week.

12 Likes

15 Likes

Except Cohaagen from Total Recall was competent evil.

Life on the Musk colony would probably get wiped out when Elon decided to demonstrate how indestructible the habitat’s windows were.

40 Likes

You’d have to crazy to be working at Twitter right now and not be thinking of leaving with a reasonable settlement; if the company keeps being run like this, it will fail and then there won’t any money to pay former employees.

20 Likes

26 Likes

This chaos of constant bad ideas and reversals could be a sign that Musk has appointed Liz Truss to the Twitter board.

15 Likes

Gee, it’s almost like Twitter moderation wasn’t about curbing free speech, but keeping it from devolving into a chaotic cesspool. Because sites left to their own devices will almost always devolve into that with out some moderation.

31 Likes

el GIF

8 Likes

The easiest way to picture this chaos is that it’s really just a whirlpool.

10 Likes

And Elmo the Muppet character probably would make a better CEO of twitter than El Musky.

11 Likes

“we are pivoting from our pivots pivot”

Oh good, incoming disaster"solution" inbound.

7 Likes

You just gave me a great a idea for a parody account, were I so inclined to exert any actual energy on trolling that asshat;

Elno, a polite not-muppet that tries to reason with his human counterpart by pointing out all his stupid choices in terms so simple, a 5 year old can understand it.

32 Likes

That makes me smile; thanks!

7 Likes

How to identify sane personnel at Twitter:

18 Likes