Musk set up a phony poll asking Twitter users to vote on whether he should step down. They voted yes

Originally published at: Musk set up a phony poll asking Twitter users to vote on whether he should step down. They voted yes | Boing Boing

12 Likes

It’s legally binding. No takesy backsies!

31 Likes

Happy No Way GIF by Lillee Jean

If I had a dollar for every time I said this in my childhood…

21 Likes

It’s a fun goof even without giving the mic to gloating brownshirt murderers

9 Likes
13 Likes

That means he’s going to ban everyone who voted Yes?

41 Likes

UK Media doing a number on this. It feels like they’ve brought a load of Twitter stock hoping that he’ll follow through. If nothing else, the only thing we can be certain of is that “Enron Musk” doesn’t always tell the truth.

10 Likes

I’m only noticing this now because the world hangs on his every tweet, but has Lone Skum always consta-tweeted his everywakingthought diarrhea?

This kind of regurgitation was satirized when FB hit full swing, and got pounded into the ground by TFG. Maybe we should hold mental health interventions for people hitting this stage; what a horrible waste of their time & health (and ours).

17 Likes

If he does go back on his word or stays silent before 9:30 am est today, it’s possible that Tesla stock is gonna get severely thrashed at the morning bell.

10 Likes

I just assume he already had someone even worse lined up to replace him.

16 Likes

He also tweeted this.

“No one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive. There is no successor,”

17 Likes

That’s his obvious conclusion, since the smartest man on the planet couldn’t manage it.

19 Likes

“…thus, there is no Twitter. So long, and thanks for all the contact data!”

27 Likes

It was all a long con to sell magazine subscriptions.

People like Rittenhouse are oblivious to Musk being unpopular, as they don’t personally know anyone who hates Musk, because of their bubble
Kyle, remember the people you shot? You cried and everything? The big crowd of people who were upset you shot people? Those people might not like Musk.

30 Likes

Should Twitter bring back Trump?: YES

“Vox populi, vox dei.”

Should Twitter bring back random Nazis?: YES

“Vox populi, vox dei.”

Should Elon Musk step down?: YES

“It must have been the bots.”

43 Likes

19 Likes

“Too many options”

6 Likes

I think Musk rigged the poll himself. He needs a face-saving excuse to leave this mess he created and get back to Telsa where the real money comes from before the shareholders force him out.

30 Likes

It’s a private company held by him. All the stooges he runs through as “interim CEOs” while he scrambles not to lose control of his other companies to his loansharks won’t change that.

It will be funny to see who he puts in charge. His boot-licker Calacanis will get a turn, as will Bari Weiss. Perhaps some stunt casting like Kanye too.

18 Likes

And after gutting the workforce, slashing the advertising revenue stream, throwing users off the platform, destroying the brand, and putting the plane in a dive…now he is trying to issue more stock at $54.20, the price that he originally said was way overvalued even before his wave of value destruction. He’s delusional.

(Financial Times article behind paywall)

Elon Musk seeks to sell Twitter shares in search of new funds

Investors approached to purchase stock at $54.20 buyout price as social media company bleeds cash.

“Everything has been done haphazardly and roughly,” said investment adviser Ross Gerber, who invested in the Twitter deal in October and confirmed he had received the latest offer. “They’re doing it because they’re out of money. I don’t think [Musk] expected such a big drop in revenue.”

A second person whose firm received the offer said Musk had indicated the new capital would be used to fund an expansion of its business, including a “hiring spree” of programmers to build a “super app” that could process payments, among other services.

19 Likes