Musk set up a phony poll asking Twitter users to vote on whether he should step down. They voted yes

If this is the “face-saving” way out it’s hard to imagine what an embarrassing exit would look like.

Maybe a suspender mishap while he’s walking out the front door of the building could cause his pants to fall down just as a bus filled with his parents, his business partners and every cute girl who he ever had a crush on pulls into view?

24 Likes

I’m puzzled by the theory that liberals are deploying wokist robots to vote ‘no’ here.

At this point Musk’s managerial expertise is so visibly disastrous that encouraging him to stay put and double down is by far the most destructive thing you could do to him. Letting him walk away and wash his hands of the affair is profoundly undeserved mercy.

I certainly can’t be bothered to bot a twitter poll; but I’m 100% in favor of letting him drag himself through one humiliating self-inflicted defeat after another for as long as his money holds out.

(edit: and even if you viewed the preservation of twitter as more important than letting Musk self destruct voting for him to get out would still be a tepid move: he’s done so much damage that it is far from clear that recovery is possible(especially without taking a gigantic haircut that he won’t want to take); and I don’t believe for a moment that someone with Musk’s grasp of procedural decorum will refrain from popping in to his successor’s office to do some serious space-karening about how he pays your salary the moment the new adminstration tweaks his fragile ego in one way or another. Anyone dumb enough to take over twitter under cirucmstances that don’t invovle Elon losing control in bankruptcy restructuring will be a more or less powerless obligate fall guy.)

21 Likes

[so doubled up with laughter I can’t even formulate a response]

21 Likes

Hey, Kyle, if left-wing bots can rig Twitter polls so easily, what does that say about the intelligence of someone who uses them to make crucial decisions about the future of his business? Maybe he’s not the right person to be running what’s supposedly a $44bn enterprise, and they should hire someone who won’t outsource his decision-making to Antifa.

33 Likes

42 Likes

I do remember.

54 Likes

It’d be hilarious if the first action of the new Twitter CEO would be to ban Musk.

I know, I know, let me have my dream!

16 Likes

I’m glad that Kyle Rittenhouse quoted his sources.

13 Likes

I guess Musk has Firer’s Remorse.

11 Likes

Forwarded to me by a friend. I don’t think he would be any worse.

35 Likes

Snoop has a poll of his own. 2 million votes, 80% say yes.

21 Likes

There is no Twitter stock and hasn’t been for awhile

4 Likes

In his mind those people are inferior and their opinions either don’t count at all or only count when their numbers are helpful to him (and then they’re a fraction of a person… say maybe a random fraction like 3/5).

5 Likes

10 Likes

He may be too late. Some of Tesla’s biggest investors are looking at the damage the stable genius’ declining reputation has already caused to their share price since taking over as Twitler, and are calling for his removal. Muck is not a majority shareholder in Tesla, and couldn’t block it if it happened. (He’d still retain his shares, of course, but he could also lose his seat on the board.)

12 Likes

Any Elonzi Scheme is fine until it isn’t.

13 Likes

His next step will be to take away the ability to create polls.

13 Likes

I think it’s time to formalize the Iron Law of Musk.

For any action taken by Elon Musk:

1. There is no cunning plan.

2. The apparent absence of a cunning plan is not itself a cunning plan.

3. There is not even a stupid plan.

40 Likes

The only, and I mean the ONLY problem with a Snoopified Twitter is that he’d inevitably get them sued by Twizzlers™ for trademark infringement.

24 Likes

“gon run the shizzle outta the Twizzle”

14 Likes