Musk set up a phony poll asking Twitter users to vote on whether he should step down. They voted yes

*** chef’s kiss ***

9 Likes

He has tweeted “Be careful what you wish for”.

Be care what you ask, you twat.

10 Likes

There’s an old joke that starts “That’s not a cunning stunt, it’s a…” but the punchline involves a word that doesn’t really fly well with American audiences.

12 Likes

30 Likes

C’mon. Rotten times rarely give up goodies. Schadenfreude is now the only guaranteed daily entertainment… and we not only deserve it – we need it for our mental health; no moral dilemma here. :neutral_face:

9 Likes

I think lots of people voted no because the whole thing is so entertaining, and if Twitter goes belly-up nothing of value will be lost.
I think of it like Liz Truss’ spell as PM. Hilarious, but it has to end eventually.

9 Likes

… but does Twitter even have any actual problems, other than Elon Musk thinking it owes him 44 billion dollars :thinking:

9 Likes

It has a whole lot of problems Musk created.

ETA: Ad revenue, for starters…

6 Likes

Don’t these things usually end with bankruptcy, shareholders (Musk in this case) eating the loss, and the company continuing to do whatever it did before with new owners and a more realistic market cap?

7 Likes

Not just Musk. Anyone that the company owes any money to can take a severe loss if the company declares bankruptcy. In this case it includes thousands of workers who are owed severance packages, and probably a lot of contractors, landlords, etc that Musk hasn’t paid lately.

12 Likes

25 Likes

I mean, it does legally owe him that, because that’s what we’ve decided to allow “companies” to do. But that aside, yes, twitter had real massive problems before Elon and now he’s exacerbated those problems and added on a heap brought about by his own actions.

8 Likes

I don’t follow. If I paid a million dollars for some kid’s lemonade stand then nobody would owe me a million dollars just because I was a terrible investor who grossly overpaid for a business.

13 Likes

No, but if you turned the Lemonade stand into an LLC and then said that you purchasing it was a capital expenditure to be repaid, and swore out a promissory note to yourself from the lemonade stand LLC, listing you as the lender, then the lemonade stand LLC will owe you the money because the lemonade stand signed a promissory note. Now in bankruptcy court, I’d imagine you would be far down the list of valid creditors, but you would be a creditor.

Because that’s what we let big businesses get away with nowadays.

16 Likes
20 Likes

34 Likes

look how much he improved it already

13 Likes

There’s still stock, but it’s all privately held by Musk, Prince Bonesaw, and his other fellow investors. It’s not available for sale outside of their little group, and they aren’t offering any of it to you or I, but it still exists so the lawyers and accountants can keep score.

14 Likes

Irony Clown will make an appearance wearing clown shoes and exploding underwear when Musk angrily claims that “those people’s” votes were the work of Russian bots.

8 Likes

what a wacko.

6 Likes