Musk set up a phony poll asking Twitter users to vote on whether he should step down. They voted yes

14 Likes

The Deep State’s rigging our internet polls with bots! For reasons! We should charge $8 to participate - the vast conspiracy the controls everything surely won’t be able to afford that!

Thick as pig shit that lot.

ETA the Math - to show just how mind-bogglingly dumb that really is:
The US Federal Government spent $6.23 trillion in the 2022 financial year. It would’ve cost $80.5 million to get the magic blue tick on every single account in the 57.5% who voted “Yes, Elon should fuck off.”
That’s 0.0013% of the federal budget.
A Deep State that couldn’t siphon off that rounding error towards its dark designs is hardly worth worrying about.

25 Likes

There’s a band name in there:

“Skews Atheist Female”

18 Likes

c6724920-66d7-400d-ab14-3a09fb87df66_text

14 Likes

And she was practicing “urban” magic! gasps racistly

17 Likes

who-likes-me-the-young-ones

17 Likes

Reminiscent of Francisco Franco’s old trick, declare yourself dead, see who celebrates, then arrest them.

12 Likes

I would like somebody who really understands comedy to explain to me how is Elon so consistently unfunny? “Chief Twit”? What is the common thread with…

Oh shit, I just figured it out. No punchline. No surprises. It usually doesn’t even work on one level, much less two. He doesn’t intuitively understand what a joke is and is just apeing the style.

4 Likes

I don’t know if Twitter is going to keep running for that long. Have any of y’all noticed any service degradation yet?

Soon it will only be people called Elon allowed to vote.

8 Likes

Soon? Always has been.

9 Likes

It’s edgelord 4chan “humour”

4 Likes

I could see “chief twit” being an ok joke if someone else had made it. But jokes at his own expense don’t work because he’s smug and arrogant to believe them. And jokes at most other people’s expense don’t work because they’re punching down…except his fellow billionaires, and there he’s too clearly jealous.

6 Likes

Ah, like Kenny Everett’s character Cupid Stunt who somehow got past the UK tv’s censors and became a staple part of an early evening comedy show.

3 Likes

I’m totally stealing that for the next time our trivia night team is trying to come up with a name.

6 Likes

the myth of elon is “charismatic billionaire”

but the guy who shows up on stage is an awkward dweeb who renders actual humorous events unfunny just by being there

8 Likes

But that’s what he so desperately wants to be.

“I am the richest man in the world, I have my own space ship and name things and tweet like a fifteen-year-old. How can I still not be cool?”

10 Likes

… like with so many other things, he could fix the problem with a small fraction of his moneys—he could take acting classes, do improv like everybody else until he got good at it

He’s like some kind of Roman emperor who wants to win fights in the Colosseum without actually being any good with a sword

16 Likes

I’m somewhat amazed a drunk Janine Piro hasn’t shot Jesse Waters in the hallway at Faux News, yet. Well, the day is still young…

5 Likes

I’m starting to think it’s a good thing he didn’t spend all those billions to solve world hunger (which he once said he could do for $6 Billion).

Given how well his effort to “fix” Twitter has gone any effort to address world hunger would have probably ended with people in once-prosperous nations resorting to cannibalism for survival inside of 6 months.

7 Likes