Keep up with the latest Twitter meltdown news at this site dedicated to monitoring Musk's daily f*ckups

Originally published at: Keep up with the latest Twitter meltdown news at this site dedicated to monitoring Musk's daily f*ckups | Boing Boing

10 Likes

This made me happier than it really should have, but fuck it, going to enjoy the schadenfreude as Alien Mush implodes Twitter. He and Twitter both had it coming for years.

20 Likes

“You can’t quit, I was going to fire you!”

16 Likes

Keep up with the latest Twitter meltdown

Will it cost me $8 a month?

20 Likes

latest twitter meltdown.

I don’t think there’s a website out there that could refresh fast enough.

20 Likes

aw,

Category ‘Newly Registered Websites’ denied by WebBlocker policy ‘WebBlocker.2’

6 Likes

Today every twitterer I read has a pinned post that says “here’s the link to my new Mastodon account”.

27 Likes

it’s sad, since i really liked twitter and found it far more useful than not. but this makes me glad i decamped to Mastodon in the first big wave a couple weeks ago when Elon took control.

13 Likes

“Sure, I’ll stay, if you rehire everyone you fired, stop this ridiculous ‘free speech absolutism’ and let Twitter be what it was before you signed on.”

monkeytweet

32 Likes

I love that Twitter employees were just hanging up on him. Given the total lack of respect Musk has shown his (almost entirely now-former) employees, even taking the call in the first place was more respect than he deserved. Though I guess they were undecided about leaving - and hearing Musk convinced them to leave. Which is also what’s been happening with all the other meetings Elon has had to “reassure” or convince advertisers and employees to stay… Real genius, total master of industry, that guy.

It’s also amusing that they’re having problems laying everyone off because the people in charge of layoffs have also been laid off. Hmm, highly foreseeable problems that Musk was weirdly unable to foresee…

I have to say, despite my schadenfreude at seeing Musk screw himself, I am very sad about Twitter going down in flames. It’s been incredibly useful for finding certain resources, breaking news, finding about about new books and indie games (and their creators)… Authors are going to be totally hosed, as publishers have slashed their marketing efforts to, basically, “talk about it on Twitter.” Indie games, same - this was the only form of marketing available to them to begin with. A lot of people’s livelihoods are going to be seriously damaged by this. I’ve got a carefully curated list of authors, artists and game developers that I read regularly on Twitter, and most of those voices will not have equivalent platforms after Twitter goes down. The alternatives just aren’t going to do the same job.

26 Likes

But if they hadn’t taken the call they wouldn’t get to experience the incredibly empowering thrill of hanging up on a billionaire narcissist who called to personally beg for their help.

36 Likes

Funny how all the best versions of the American dream involve not working.

19 Likes

Like Carlin said, “you have to be asleep to believe it.”

28 Likes

"Elon Musk inevitably decided to post through it, posting a meme about someone giving gang signs in front of a tombstone with Twitter’s logo on both the person and the tombstone, "

omg it is the Arrow meme of Grant Gustin giving the victory sign and smiling over Oliver Queen’s grave

8 Likes

I haven’t seen that before, and I’m stealing it. Perfection.

6 Likes

Mastodon admins today are having a good one.

New Mastodon user and server activity.

Let’s see if that link works right. I haven’t linked a toot before.

7 Likes

“Sir, this is an Arby’s.”

19 Likes

Elon: “I will buy every Arby’s.”

16 Likes

And immediately implement a vegan-only menu.

“Hey, wait! Where is everyone going?”

14 Likes

In the latest news, Musk has instituted something called “Freedom Fridays”. Judging by his decision to kick thing off by re-instating Jordaddy’s account, it might more accurately be called “Freedom for Fascists Friday”.

15 Likes