Au Revoir…

45 Likes

Twitter has been garbage for a decade.

21 Likes

Oh. Oh no. That’s terrible.

21 Likes

Be careful what you wish for, asshole.

5 Likes

Well Twitter wasn’t getting any better with the status quo. Now if users can just remember to that tweets might be lying to you…

I wouldn’t be surprised if he bought the place just so he try to shut down this meme forever.

40 Likes
28 Likes

So begins the end for that platform.

42 Likes

Just in time for midterms and plenty of time to soak the country with even more hate and misinformation before ‘24.

24 Likes

Do I correctly read the Sarah Jeong quote as meaning she thinks security through obscurity is pretty much state of the art?

4 Likes

One cannot help but to think this has just boosted [former occupant of the White House]'s chances of winning the next presidential election.

Or ending the great (lower-case ‘d’) democratic experiment. One or the other.

8 Likes

Oh Mushy Mushy Mushy, $46 billion dollars down the drain. Nothing of value was lost, again…

7 Likes

sue season 4 GIF by PBS

17 Likes

The emphasis has been on the terrible things this is going to do to usability, once the MAGA chuds and Nazis feel emboldened, but I keep thinking about how this is going to negatively impact American democracy. Twitter made some (minimal) efforts to improve things (e.g. banning Trump), but even those Musk is going to undo. (And to be fair, there were also some things going on behind the scenes, too - which are also going to be reversed.) It’s going to be bad.

One will lead to the other, so…

16 Likes
43 Likes

21 Likes

Yes, she somehow thinks that the spambot creators haven’t already figured out the algorithms that run twitter.

Or she thinks it’s super poorly written, with lines of code like: if (passwd==“letmein!”) user = root;
I don’t know, she’s not a programmer, that’s how they do stuff like that, right? She heard source code is a magic key that lets you do anything! They could turn Twitter into some genetically modified corn monster with it!

6 Likes

FIFY

4 Likes