Elon Musk strikes deal to buy Twitter

Oh, I don’t think they’ll need source code for that, just Musk’s personal definition of “Freeze Peach”!

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 1.27.18 PM

4 Likes

geocities, web forums, livejournal, myspace, tumblr and twitter

@Papasan

25 Likes

I think this is absolutely fantastic, but I hate Twitter and want it to fail, so…

9 Likes

51 Likes

Even if the algorithm is open sourced, that still means a lot of Twitter will not be open to public scrutiny. The big data sets and everything generated by machine learning (and good luck working out how that comes to its decisions even if you understand the algorithms) won’t be accessible to anyone.

3 Likes

Looks to be a challenge, for someone out there…

1 Like

Does Elon’s dedication to free speech mean no content rules, because we’ve seen where that leads.

1 Like
25 Likes

‘Does Elon’s dedication to free speech mean no content rules, because we’ve seen where that leads.’

It leads to Twitter being banned in most countries in Europe.

12 Likes

Wealth vs Accountability; same as it ever was.

21 Likes

Wealth has always been allergic to Accountability.

14 Likes

If he can pay $43 billion for Twitter you’d think he could pay his damned taxes.

28 Likes

He’s either going to have to renege on his “free speech absolutist” stand or Twitter will quickly become 4chan. Left totally open anything is going to fall to the lowest common denominator. Either way he loses.

10 Likes

So - the board has accepted the offer. Do small individual shareholders have to sell their shares to him? They’ll receive an offer - what happens if they say no thanks?

Thinking of buying a share and not selling just to make sure he doesn’t own 100%. Be a tiny annoyance to him.

15 Likes

I just deactivated my account. Of course, my last tweet was four years ago, so I doubt anyone will notice. I think my total number of tweets ever was in the single digits. I am not saying this to brag. I am saying this to say that deactivating my account is literally the absolute least I could do. I wish I could do more.

15 Likes

talking heads GIF

17 Likes

We all know he’s not one for keeping his word but there is this…

10 Likes

That’s the nectar that the Musk Bros love the most, they’ll be buzzing around you in a flash.

9 Likes

A mass exodus could shitcan the deal if enough people leave. Likewise, even after the deal, the value of social media platforms rises and falls with their user base. It would be a damn shame if Twitter became worthless after Musk puts $43 B into it. A damn shame… /s

16 Likes