Do you have a hairy glabella? Do you find vagitus annoying?

Not being a mother tongue English speaker/reader/writer, I knew seven out of 20.
I was off to a good start, recognising 2, 3, 5 (easy, it’s Latin!), 6, and 7 :+1:.
But of the later terms I knew only 13 and 18 :slightly_frowning_face:

Griffonage is too bland a term for my handwriting, I understand it’s still considered legible. Maybe cacography.

I am curious to know how the average native speaker would fare in the various English-speaking country, albeit afraid to open the 1800 comments on Reddit.

1 Like

They misspelled “Brannock”.

1 Like

while wikipedia’s only entry for “agraffe” is as a piece of a piano that holds the string in place just ahead of the tuning pin.

it took 3 more sites before I found any mention of the cork-holder. it can also be a cramp iron used for stonework and any sort of garment clasp using a hook and ring; which goes back to the original meaning from armor making, which you knew. good show!

Came here to say the same thing. Such a great name.

An interrobang?!

2 Likes

⸘Really‽

3 Likes

Do your worst. I’ll never talk! Oh!

4 Likes

We have bangs for making you talk…

2 Likes

I knew 3 out of the twenty as common words.

1 Like

tumblr_n8nz9n7DHt1rqnt9wo5_r1_250

8 Likes
4 Likes

Ha, i have no idea who this dude is, but that compilation makes him seem like someone to stay far, far away from. :laughing:

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.