Doctor paid $41,000 for Aladdin's Lamp, thinks he may have been conned

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/doctor-paid-41000-for-aladdins-lamp-thinks-he-may-have-been-conned.html

1 Like

Wait, ALADDIN was the genie all this time?? Mind blown.

17 Likes

All this time, the lamp was in you!

You really should get a check up more often…

9 Likes

Gah, man! SPOILERS!

6 Likes

I thought medical school in India was supposed to be legit.

2 Likes

It’s like a magical version of a Chuck Palahniuk story.

3 Likes

spoiler the genie was actually sasha baron cohen doing an interview

7 Likes

“The Magic was inside of you all along!”

5 Likes

3 Likes

You know what? If the buyer would give me the paltry sum of $31,000, I will promise to track down the lamp sellers! And to prove my good-will, I’ll also sell you this amazing bridge in NYC for a mere $10,000 (contact me for details and send me your bank info).

It’s sad that people get suckered into these shenanigans, but I have more than one elderly relative where I’ve had to slap their on-line wrist and tell them to turn the google off if they can’t use it properly.

2 Likes

It may be good medical practice to try to sell your doctor a lamp, just to test their overall intelligence. https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7jyqq/fake-degrees-school-dropouts-unqualified-doctors-india-has-a-problem-of-quacks

9 Likes

How is this different from church?

5 Likes

Yeah, but $41,000 is a bit rich, don’t you think? A lamp for $5.000 would be entirely sufficient for that purpose.

You go to prison for doing it.

5 Likes

It’s part of the magic of money, a $5,000 lamp is less believable than one that costs $41,000.

1 Like

Not that I’m a church-goer, but I think a sense of community comes with the church. Here you get two nubes and a rusty piece of garbage.

1 Like

Woohoo! The perfect thread for a Scooby Doo screencap!

scooby doo team

3 Likes

Just a funny shaped collection plate.

I hope he has video of the guy dressed up as the genie. The humor value could be worth enough to make him whole.

1 Like

I probably shouldn’t laugh at this. But i did.

1 Like