Does everyone at Wired have to wear black?

That remark is somehow funnier coming from a guy with a Vercingetorix avatar, but I’m not sure why.

2 Likes

heh :slight_smile:

Hey, Paul!

That’s how you know they’re designers.

in 1999, I was a burgeoning senior technical engineer for a large software company. I was in my early twenties, and one of my first gigs was fixing some issues at a major pharmaceutical company in New York City. My company had put me up at the W hotel in upper Manhattan, which happened to have a Wired staff convention going on. Even back then, they all wore black.

Yes. My first thought was ‘That is a lot of pink. Where are all the brown faces?’

1 Like

Only available from Sit-for-lyfe, mind you.

Tasteful redesign? It’s worse than BB’s redesign (though BB is at least saved by the existence of /page/1)! Granted, it’s still loads better than that other big news site which I no longer visit.

News (the transference of information) and artistic design don’t often blend well.

“We’re Done Here!”

1 Like

Going out on a limb and going to guess that an analysis of the staff’s buying habits would show an unusually large amount spent on lint brushes and dandruff shampoo.

The clothing is still more diverse than my high school’s senior photos where all males wore tuxedos (actually an elaborate fake that went on like a Snuggie with a velcro enclosure on the back) and females wore black drapes. Both outfits were provided by the photographer. The Wired photos do seem to have a variety of styles and textures.

All of that aside, I’m surprised to see what a large staff Wired has. I subscribed starting with issue 1.3 after liking what I saw in the first two issues but cancelled my subscription last year as most of the content makes its way to their website and the visual design that had been a hallmark of the paper version has eroded over the years. Can’t imaging needing such a large staff but maybe some of them are freelancers or their digital presence is larger than I’ve noticed.

The link to the staff page stopped working what with the EOL stuff:

http://www.wired.com/wired-staff%0D%0A

works at

http://www.wired.com/wired-staff

Yeah: but how is it related to that American Psycho parody?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.