Dog saves owner from meteorite

3 Likes

perhaps… unless they you know… roll over… :slight_smile:

post edit for : but have to focus with one eye maybe as…

Because our newspapers and other media don’t regularly report on what happens in the countries that straddle the equator?

1 Like

As a contrarian I posit that the meteorite had actually targeted the dog, and the dog ran into its human’s bedroom in a cowardly attempt to escape its fate.

1 Like

Maybe those countries want to keep it that way.

2 Likes

As a citizen of a nation that lies far away from Equator, I can affirm, without doubt, that these pesky rocks from the outer space hit us from time to time. When one of these boulders survive its descending, leaving debris behind, a cosmic gold rush ensues. Scients, hobbysts and treasure hunters appear out of the blue offering money for the shards.

Money from heavens!

1 Like

A cosmic hitman was after the dog!

1 Like

Odds are that more of them strike at sea level. But nobody talks about it.

Anyone know of ships being hit by meteorites? Or passengers on ships being wakened by the ships dog as a meteor crashes through the porthole and embeds between the pillows?

The expert said they had video of the meteorite and the construction workers talked about seeing the fireball. I don’t think it is unrealistic that the dog heard it tearing through the sky at the same time as those outside saw it pass overhead

2 Likes

I thought that it would have been hot enough to burn the ceiling and bed.

i don’t dispute the meteorite existed, i question the idea that the dog somehow deduced the trajectory and got his owner out of the way because of it.

I think it was more a case of dog hears scary noise, dog barks and wakes up owner, owner gets out of bed and is coincidentally saved as a result because noise turned out to be a meteorite that happened to fall on the location previously occupied by the owner. You know, a tale as old as time.

3 Likes

Take off you Hosehead!

1 Like

actually, in the end, that’s much more believable!

Yeah, that’s what I meant

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.