Dog saves owner from meteorite

Originally published at: Dog saves owner from meteorite | Boing Boing

10 Likes

giphy (2)

24 Likes

I have my doubts that the dog alerted the owner deliberately. For one thing it has been long established that dogs can’t look up.
giphy

17 Likes

i don’t care how good a dog is, i cannot believe it knew a meteorite was coming.

12 Likes

The dilemma was how to alert the owner to the danger without compromising the dog’s secret identity as an extraterrestrial superhero.

32 Likes

Perhaps the dog was picking up an electrophonic meteor, which can be “heard” at the same time they are seen.

https://ethw.org/Electrophonic_Meteors

12 Likes

Rock crashes thru roof, lands on bed, startles dog, dog barks, human wakes, dog goes back to sleep.

10 Likes

My pup leaves little meteorites around the yard. I think that’s special enough for us.

21 Likes

I feel like I always hear about meteorites striking at high latitudes (the opposite of what you’d expect), and I am idly curious whether that’s a real thing, and if so, why

4 Likes

I remember being a tiny little kid at the Chicago Field Museum seeing the car seat and muffler that was hit by one.

7 Likes

Wow interesting story but who else got a total Candace Bergan Murphy Brown from the CBC newscastor?

5 Likes

JACKPOT!!! A meteor that size with such a cool story has got to be worth some M-O-N-E-Y does it not??

4 Likes

Not a cent less than $200!

6 Likes

Some of these meteor falls have ended up in the courts though when the homeowner sued the renter

7 Likes

mean dc comics GIF

11 Likes

Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

4 Likes

Rocket Dog, Destiny Calls

11 Likes

Well, she couldn’t have been hit by a falling meteorite unless someone threw it in the air. But that does beg the question, does it go from being a meteor to a meteorite once it hits the earth only or does a human head suffice?

Also:

6 Likes

The going rate is $17 million.

3 Likes

Júpiter did It.

6 Likes