Video: Massive fireball tearing through Tokyo sky caught on camera

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/06/video-massive-fireball-tearin.html

10 Likes

Nice aliens will never know how lucky they were to only burn up in the atmosphere instead of landing safely and associating with humans.

19 Likes

kind of a dud as fireworks go. I like the LA scene better.

5 Likes

Giant Meteor 2020 making a campaign stop?

32 Likes

That was my thought.

It’s off target by about 7000 miles, but I suppose one asshole authoritarian leader looks very much like another to a Giant Meteor.

15 Likes

Remember to check the beach for star fragments tomorrow morning. Assuming you wished properly.

10 Likes

You want kaiju? Because this is how you get kaiju.

25 Likes

someone’s pissed about koike

2 Likes

I imagine this is God reminding us to put aside all of our differences and build a giant anti-asteroid collision system to protect all life on earth from yet another giant meteor strike.

I’m very serious about this too. You can tell how serious because I don’t even believe in God.

12 Likes

MISSED! Mwahahah! Bet you can’t do better than that!

4 Likes

Like any candidate, I guess.

4 Likes

it’s just Iron Man, no worries

2 Likes

Missed me! Missed me!
Now you gotta kiss me!

1 Like

Yep, looks like Monster Zero.

get your bumper stickers here

Who’s Meteor going to pick for VP? Mr. Corona? Ms. Civil Unrest? Senator Food Shortages? Congressman Economic Collapse?

Giant Meteor is kind of old so it should probably go with one of the younger ones.

1 Like

Looks like swamp gas or a weather balloon to me.

Personally I am hoping for Giant Centipede. He is a green candidate who will clean up the rotting detritus and promises to let half of humanity live if they pledge servitude. Unlike the Dark Lord Cthulhu who promise just complete destruction and madness.

1 Like

It does seem interesting that after the last big meteor, a kind of intelligence evolved to the point where at least one species might be able to do something to prevent a meteor strike. But we are killing the planet ourselves instead.

Let’s check back in a hundred million years and see what’s up!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.