Watch: Last night's Michigan meteor caught on dashcam

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/17/watch-last-nights-michigan.html

4 Likes

Fake News! Everyone know that this only happens in Russia.

…but what if we’ve been living in a metaphorical russia all along?

6 Likes

Good thing this didn’t happen in Hawaii.

16 Likes

You’re right, this is fake news. There’s no such thing as a clear sky in Michigan!

3 Likes

Every time a meteor burns up in the Earth’s atmosphere, a conspiracy theorist youtuber gets 100 new subscribers…

9 Likes

my favorite clip is the russian driver who sees the meteorite streaking down and lowers his car visor in apathy

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to see the same sight, more than a decade ago, in Maryland. I have no idea why, but the fireball looked green.

I saw no stupid, road accident associated with it, so it happened somewhere else.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I happened to see last night’s meteor from my home in Toledo. I was sitting on the couch and through the north-facing windows I saw what looked like a firework coming down just beyond my backyard. I had no idea the actual distance and speed of this light in the sky; with no frame of reference I assumed it was much closer to me and the ground than it actually was.

2 Likes

Did it hit the White House?

It didn’t. That’s why you didn’t see this:

giphy

2 Likes

Probably a copper sulfate but thallium, antimony, barium, manganese, molybdenum, and ammonium compounds can also give you a green flame.

Yea, right. It was aliens.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.